- Search the Westwood Library for your favorite books, books about a specific topic or check the availability of a library book. Search the catalog here.
- Download the Destiny Quest app to your iPad
- To access the database passwords from home, log into your myPanthers account and open this link.
Access My Library
- Download the app to your iPad at AccessMyLibrary - School Edition from Gale
- Find Westwood Middle School
- Visit the library for the password
MackinVIA (Spring Lake Park Schools' ebook library)
- Login to MackinVIA
- Download the MackinVIA app to your iPad
Anoka County Library
Find your library
- Locations – Find your nearest library location
- Library Card – Information on how to sign up for a library card
On your device
- Downloadable E-Books – Download eBooks and audiobooks for reading on your digital device
- Mobile App – Search the catalog, manage your account and find your library locations
Research and homework help
- Research Page – Access databases, newspapers, magazines and government documents for you to use during your research process
- K-12 Research – Research resources designed for high school students
- Ask a Librarian – Need a quick fact? Do you have a brief question? Anoka County Library can provide quick answers to many questions by email or phone.
Just for Teens
Gale Virtual Reference Library
The Gale Virtual Reference Library is a collection of digital non-fiction texts. To access these on your iPad, use the AccessMyLibrary app.
Educator's Reference Complete: Educator's Reference Complete provides access to academic journals, reports, and many premier reference sources in the field of education. The database includes content in key subject areas including administration, bilingual education, child development and psychology, funding, health education, technology, and testing. The majority of the full-text titles included are also found in the ERIC database.
Expanded Academic ASAP: Expanded Academic ASAP provides access to scholarly journals, magazines, and newspapers across disciplines. The database meets research needs in subject areas including the arts and humanities, social sciences, and science and technology.
Gale Virtual Reference Library: Gale Virtual Reference Library is a database of encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research. These reference materials once were accessible only in the library, but now you can access them online from the library or remotely 24/7. Because each library creates its own eBook collection, the content you see may vary if you use the database at different libraries (your school, your public library, or your office).
General Science Collection: General Science Collection provides access to scholarly journals and magazines covering the latest scientific developments. Key subjects covered by the database include biological sciences, computing, engineering, and technology.
General Science Collection: Although staying current on the latest scientific developments can be daunting, this collection aims to provide a researcher with the information to do just that. Composed of over 200 journals from highly specialized academic journals to general science-focused magazine the InfoTrac General Science Collection provides coverage of all scientific endeavor, including such topics as particle physics and quantum theory, advanced mathematics, biotechnology, and many more.
Informe Academico: proporciona acceso a peridicos y revistas especializadas de lengua espanola y portuguesa. La base de datos ofrece una amplia gama de contenidos sobre America Latina.
Kids InfoBits: Kids InfoBits meets the research needs of students in Kindergarten through Grade 5. It features a developmentally appropriate, visually graphic interface, a subject-based topic tree search and full-text, age-appropriate, curriculum-related magazine, newspaper and reference content for information on current events, the arts, science, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
Professional Collection: Professional Collection is a custom selection of more than 300 full-text journals for educators that is updated daily and provides 24 hour access from school or home. The Professional Collection offers balanced coverage for any professional educator.
Research In Context: Created specifically for middle-schoolers, Research In Context combines the best of Gale's reference content with age-appropriate videos, newspapers, magazines, primary sources, and much more. Students will find outstanding support to complete assignments in core subjects including literature, science, social studies, and history.
Student Edition: InfoTrac Student Edition provides high school students with access to magazines, newspapers, books, and other reference content. The database offers audience-appropriate information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports, and more.
Student Resources In Context: Student Resources In Context is an engaging online experience for those seeking contextual information on a wide array of subjects. The solution merges Gale's authoritative and continuously updated reference content with full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, primary source documents, images, videos, audio files and links to vetted websites organized into a user-friendly portal experience.