The Spring Lake Park School Board held a regular meeting on Tuesday, December 11. Here are the highlights from the meeting:
Truth and Taxation Hearing and Budget and Property Tax Presentation – Amy Schultz, director of business services, presented information on the district’s levy for taxes payable in 2019. Each county, city and school district in Minnesota is required to hold a Truth in Taxation hearing prior to the board’s approval of the annual tax levy. The presentation included information on the district’s current year budget and the property tax levy for taxes payable in 2019. The hearing included an opportunity for the public to comment on the district’s proposed levy. Click here to view the presentation from the meeting.
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report – Aaron Nielson, MMKR Certified Accountants, presented the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2018. Click here to view the presentation from the meeting.
Fall Athletics/Activities Update – Matt St. Martin, director of athletics and activities, presented an update on the fall athletics and activities season at Spring Lake Park High School. Colleen Pederson, director of community education and outreach, presented a brief update on middle school athletics and activities. Click here to view the presentation from the meeting.
Superintendent’s Report – Superintendent Ronneberg presented highlights from recent student and staff accomplishments in the district. Click here to view the presentation from the meeting.
Superintendent Ronneberg also shared the following information:
- Continue to have districts and organizations visit Spring Lake Park to tour our facilities and observe personalized learning throughout the district
- SLPHS students will have expanded opportunities to take courses through the district’s partnership with the North Suburban Success Consortium
Other Action – The board took action on the following items:
- Approved a motion to adopt the final levy for taxes payable in 2019, as presented
- Approved the second reading of the following policy changes and updates:
- 212, School Board Member Development, deletion
- 620, Credit for Learning, revision
- 722, Public Data Requests, new mandatory policy
- Approved a resolution establishing combined polling places for school district elections not held on the day of a statewide election
- Approved a motion to acknowledge gifts to the district as submitted, and extend the board’s thanks and appreciation
The board approved a motion to enter in to a closed session to discuss employee negotiations.
After reconvening the regular meeting, the board approved the Unaffiliated I & II Employees terms and conditions of employment for 2018-2020.