At Westwood we have a lot of pride in our learning community that fosters personalized experiences so each student feels valued, inspired, and has a sense of belonging.
Our district purpose – “High expectations. High achievement for all. No excuses.” – drives us to continue to raise our community to the highest levels of learning. There is a sense of Panther Pride in our classrooms, at our performances and on the field. Students are tremendously proud of their academic and co-curricular accomplishments. We are excited that you are a part of Spring Lake Park Schools.
Listen to Principal Tom Larson's short presentation about Westwood programming for the 2019-2020 school year below.
Click here to download the Parent Input Form in order to give input into the placement of your child. This form is for families of students going from 4th into 5th grade and 5th into 6th grade. Forms are also available at all SLP elementary schools as well as Westwood Intermediate and Middle School.
The following registration guide provides descriptions of classes that are available for students in grades 7-8. There are various levels of academic rigor that you will find along with opportunities in music and electives. When you are looking at classes, keep in mind your plan for your future in high school as well as college. It is important for us to help you establish productive habits and practices in middle school that will help you when you enter high school and college. Selecting classes with your educational goals in mind is very important to us. Also make sure your schedule allows you to have balance in your life.
2019-2020 Registration Worksheets
- How do I register for grades 7-8 courses?
- Registration was handed out to students in Panther Time in February 2019. Simply complete the form and turn it into the front office. Current Westwood student registration worksheets were due by Friday, February 22. New student registrations are accepted throughout the year.
- What if I lost my completed registration form?
- Extra registration forms are available in the dean's and main office or can be downloaded at the links above.
- How are math and language arts classes going to be registered for?
- Students will be placed in their math and language arts class based on their current placement, MAP scores, MCA scores and teacher recommendation.
Students in grades 5 and 6 are placed on teams consisting of four to five teachers, whom they stay with throughout the day.
Students in grade 6 will have the option to register for choir, band or both. If students wanted to register for both, they signed up for band and zero hour choir. Zero hour choir will take place before school.