Update to iOS 11
July 2018 Update: Due to a known bug in iOS, your iPad must be updated to iOS 11.4.1. You will not be able to use your iPad until it is updated. To update, go to Settings>General>Software Update. Once you update your iPad, your apps will return within 24 hours.
Apple released the iOS 11 software update in September, 2017. The district's Technology Services department has now completed testing and preparation, and users can now update district-issued devices to iOS 11. This is a significant update and due to our large number of district users, we encourage you to install the update from home to limit the possibility of interruption to Internet services in our schools.
Ready to update? Here are the steps:
- Backup all data before installing the update. Click here to learn how to backup your iPad. If the install does not complete, your iPad will be wiped and you will not recover any schoolwork.
- Plug your device into a power source with your adapter
- Make sure you are connected to a wireless network
- Click on the Settings app
- Click on General
- Click on Software Update
- Click on Install or Download and Install
- You will be asked to accept the terms and conditions
- Your device will restart after the update is complete. This can take up to 30 minutes.
This is a very large update. You might receive a message that your iPad does not have enough space to install. If this is the case, you will need to clean off some files and apps on your iPad. Photographs, videos, music, and non-school apps consume a lot of storage and this is the first place to look when cleaning up space on the iPad. Restart the update once you have more space.
If you need assistance in successfully updating to iOS 11, we're here to help. Available resources include:
- Spring Lake Park High School – Visit the Media Center
- Westwood Intermediate and Middle School – Visit the Media Center
- Any student or staff member can email TechSupport@district16.org