In order to stay up-to-date with the latest apps and app updates, Technology Services recommends keeping your iPad up-to-date with the latest software, iPadOS.
Ready to update? Here are the steps:
- Backup all data before installing the update. Click here to learn how to backup your iPad. If the install does not complete, your iPad will be wiped and you will not recover any schoolwork.
- Plug your device into a power source with your adapter.
- Make sure you are connected to a wireless network.
- Click on the Settings app>General>Software Update
- If there is an update available for your iPad, click on Install or Download and Install.
- You will be asked to accept the terms and conditions.
- Your device will restart after the update is complete. This can take up to 30 minutes.
This is a very large update. You might receive a message that your iPad does not have enough space to install. If this is the case, you will need to clean off some files and apps on your iPad. Photographs, videos, music, and non-school apps consume a lot of storage and this is the first place to look when cleaning up space on the iPad. Restart the update once you have more space.
If you need assistance in successfully updating your iPad, we're here to help. Available resources include:
- Spring Lake Park High School – Visit the Media Center
- Westwood Intermediate and Middle School – Visit the Media Center
- Have parents email
Learn more about the newest features of iPadOS on Apple's website.