iPad Turn-In Preparation
Before turning in your iPad, you'll want to carefully follow the steps to backup your iPad photos and videos, along with documents you have in Pages, Keynote, iMovie and Notability. Once you finish these steps and your data is backed up, follow the directions below.
For the end of the 2019-2020 School Year, only students who are leaving the district, including our graduating seniors, need to turn in their school-issued iPad this spring. If you are a returning K-11 grade student, DO NOT turn in iPads or chargers.
Wipe Your iPad
- Before you wipe your iPad, make sure you carefully follow the steps to backup the content on your iPad. Click here to learn how to backup your iPad.
- Once backed up, go to Self Service and install the Jamf Reset app.
- You can find it by searching "reset" in Self Service.
- Once Jamf Reset is installed go into the app on your Home screen.
- Tap on the blue Reset button. Confirm that you want to wipe your iPad, and your iPad will then wipe.
Leaving Spring Lake Park Schools or High School Graduates
If you are a graduating senior, or transferring out of Spring Lake Park Schools, you are required to turn in your iPad and all of the accessories with the iPad. Specific instructions and devices are listed by school below.
You should return your iPad on your designated turn-in day. If you can't make your turn-in day, return your iPad to our District Services Center at: 1415 81st Ave NE, Spring Lake Park, MN 55432.
High School Students - Grades 9-12
Graduating high school seniors and high school students not returning to Spring Lake Park Schools must turn in the equipment below. If you do not return this equipment, a fee will be assessed and a bill will be sent. You are responsible for turning in all equipment or paying for any lost/damaged devices.
Students in grades kindergarten through eighth grade that are not returning to Spring Lake Park Schools must turn in the equipment below. If you do not return this equipment, a fee will be assessed and a bill will be sent. You are responsible for turning in all equipment or paying for any lost/damaged devices.