To follow these instructions, you will need your iPad handout you received at Back to School Night containing your network username and password.
Initial iPad Setup
- Turn on the iPad by holding the sleep/wake button on the top-right corner of the iPad
- Starting on the Hello screen, click on the Home button>select preferred language>select "United States"
- On the Quick Start screen, tap Set Up Manually at the bottom of the screen
- Connect to your home wireless network
- If you’re at school, connect to PantherGuest. PantherGuest requires a temporary guest username and password to connect (staff logins also work here).
- On the Apps & Data screen, select one of these options:
- If you are a new student setting up a Spring Lake Park Schools iPad for the first time, tap on "Don't Transfer Apps and Data".
- If you are a current student, and have previously created an iPad backup, select "Restore from iCloud Backup".
- NOTE: Do not sign in to a personal Apple ID. If you do and can't restore a backup, you will have to wipe the iPad and start again. You will also lose access to any iBooks for class.
- Tap Next on the Remote Management screen stating "Spring Lake Pk Ind Sch Dist 16 would like to configure your iPad"
- On the Log In screen, refer to your password sheet and enter your district username and password. Tap Next.
- On the Apple ID screen, sign in using your school-used Managed Apple ID, using your school @mypanthers.org email address and password.
- On the Location Services screen, tap Enable Location Services.
- Tap Get Started on the Welcome to iPad screen
- Verify you completed the set-up process by locating the Self Service app on your home screen. It will be on the second home screen and you can find it by swiping to the left. It can take up to 10 minutes for the Self Service app to appear.
Remove PantherGuest (if at school)
Once your iPad is setup, you will need to disconnect from PantherGuest and connect to PantherWi-Fi. Failure to do so will cause your iPad to go between the two networks and frequently interrupt your internet connection at school.
- Go to Settings and tap on Wi-Fi in the sidebar
- Tap on PantherWi-Fi. After a few seconds, a checkmark will appear next to PantherWiFi.
- Next to PantherGuest, tap on the blue “I”.
- Tap on Forget This Network, then tap Forget.
Setup MyPanthers Mail
- Tap the Mail icon in the Dock
- When the Enter Your Password pop-up appears, enter your network password. From here, your MyPanthers mail will be configured on your iPad
Open and Setup Self Service
- Tap on the Self Service app on your Home Screen
- After Self Service configures, you will see a pop-up: “Self Service Would Like to Send You Notifications”. Tap on "Allow while using the app"
Application Installation and iOS Updates
To download apps, you will go to Self Service. Some apps are bigger than others and can take a longer time to install. Recommended apps include Notability, Schoology, Pages, Google Drive and Google Docs. It’s also important to keep your iPad software up to date.
We recommend keeping your iPad up to date. To update iPadOS, you will go to Settings>General>Software Update.
If you encounter any issues while setting up your iPad, contact Technology Services at email@example.com.