To follow these instructions, you will need your iPad handout you received at Back to School Night containing your network username and password.
Initial iPad Setup
- Turn on the iPad by holding the sleep/wake button on the top-right corner of the iPad.
- Starting on the Hello screen, click on the Home button>select preferred language>select "United States".
- On the Quick Start screen, tap Set Up Manually at the bottom of the screen.
- Connect to your home wireless network.
- If you’re at school, connect to PantherGuest. PantherGuest requires a temporary guest username and password to connect (staff logins also work here).
- On the Remote Management screen tap on Next, then enter your Network Login username and password. Tap on Next.
- On the Apple ID screen, sign in using your school-used Managed Apple ID, using your school @mypanthers.org email address and password.
- NOTE: Do not sign in to a personal Apple ID. If you do you will not have access to your previous school data. You will also lose access to any iBooks for class.
- On the Location Services screen, tap Enable Location Services.
- Select your preference for the Light or Dark theme.
- Tap Get Started on the Welcome to iPad screen.
- Our school's App Store, called Self Service, will automatically install and appear on your home screen. This may taken ten or more minutes to install, depending on your internet connection.
- The Self Service icon may be on the second Home Screen, which you can find by swiping left.
Remove PantherGuest (if at school)
Once your iPad is setup, you will need to disconnect from PantherGuest and connect to PantherWi-Fi. Failure to do so will cause your iPad to go between the two networks and frequently interrupt your internet connection at school.
- Go to Settings and tap on Wi-Fi in the sidebar
- Tap on PantherWi-Fi. After a few seconds, a checkmark will appear next to PantherWiFi.
- Next to PantherGuest, tap on the blue “I”.
- Tap on Forget This Network, then tap Forget.
Setup MyPanthers Mail
- Within a few minutes of setting up your iPad, you will see a pop-up titled Password Required: Enter the password for the Exchange account "MyPanthers Mail". This will make your email and calendar apps login to your school email.
- Enter your Network Login password.
- Your Network Login is listed on the Student Login Information sheet.
- If you missed this step or taped on Cancel, here is how to get your email working:
- Go to Settings>Mail>Accounts>MyPanthers>Account.
- Enter your Network Login password, then tap on Done.
Open and Setup Self Service
- Tap on the Self Service app on your Home Screen
- After Self Service configures, you will see a pop-up: “Self Service Would Like to Send You Notifications”, tap on "Allow". When prompted to allow location services, tap on "Always Allow".
Application Installation and iOS Updates
To download apps, you will go to Self Service. Some apps are bigger than others and can take a longer time to install. Recommended apps include Notability, Schoology, Pages, Google Drive and Google Docs.
We recommend keeping your iPad software up to date. To update iPadOS, you will go to Settings>General>Software Update.
If you encounter any issues while setting up your iPad, contact Technology Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.