All grades 4-12 students in Spring Lake Park Schools will be provided an iPad for use in the classroom and to take home. For the 2018-2019 school year, the cost of insurance will be $10 per student, with a deductible for breaks.
When you select your insurance option, you and your student are agreeing that the district case will remain on the student's device at all times.
Purchasing iPad insurance is optional for families. However, all families must register online to accept or decline an insurance plan. Once you have selected and registered for an insurance option, your child will be eligible to receive an iPad on the distribution dates determined at each school. Students do not have to pay a fee to receive an iPad.
$10 per year
- 1st Incident: $25
- 2nd Incident: $75
- 3rd Incident: $125
The following items are covered under the insurance policy:
- accidental damage (deductible)
- fire, flood, or natural disaster (deductible)
- screen damage (deductible)
- lost ($100 deductible)
- stolen ($100 deductible and you must file a police report)
The following items are not covered under the insurance policy:
- intentional damage (full repair costs)
- chargers ($19) and charger cords ($19)
- cases ($50, grades 4-8) or keyboard case ($100, grades 9-12)
There is no upfront cost to families if insurance is declined.
If iPad insurance is declined, parents are responsible for the full cost of all repairs if damaged and replacement if lost or stolen.
Examples of costs
- Click here to access the FeePay site and click on Technology
- Login if you have a FeePay account or select Create Account
- Complete the Register a New Account Form and select Create Account
- Log in using your email address and password
- Note: An email will be sent from FeePay with a link to verify your account
- Select your name in the top right corner of the screen and select Your Account/Relationships
- Use the button Add Family Member/Relationship to add all of your family members
- Complete the Add a New Person form for each child. Please add the child’s *FeePay Identification Number in the box provided. This is very important in order to link your children to your account. Click Create Person.
*Note: The six digit FeePay Identification Number is the same number as the Student ID. There are several ways to access the ID number, including:
- Log into the SLP Mobile App and click on your student. Below your student's name, school and grade level will be a six digit "Student ID"
- Log into Campus Portal with your district username and password. Select your student along the top, then in the navigation bar click FeePay. The six digit FeePay ID number will be listed under "value."
- Login and select the Activity tab on the top left of the screen. This will display a list of activities that your child is eligible for enrollment. *Note: you may need to click Page 2 or Next to access the complete list.
- Locate the two iPad Insurance items in the list and choose the one you wish to purchase by selecting the Add to Cart button
- You will be required to complete a registration form. Complete the form and click Submit.
- The item will be added to your cart and you can click Check Out, located at the top of the page.
- On the payment screen, verify your purchase. Click on Payment Method and select a payment or create a new one.
- You can enter an email address to receive a receipt of the purchase. Email will be sent to the User ID email address. You will be required to present a paper copy of the receipt or a copy on a smart device of the iPad Insurance purchase when you pick up the iPad.
- Click on Process to submit your payment
Please note, each child is required to purchase/decline iPad insurance.
- Am I required to choose an insurance plan for my child?
- Do all grade levels need to choose an option?
- How many iPads does the insurance plan cover? Is there a family plan?
- What if I can’t afford to pay the insurance fee or the cost of repair?
- What does the insurance cover?
- Do I need to renew every year?
- Can my child bring an iPad from home?
- Who should I contact if I have questions about the online payment system?
- Do I need to bring proof of my online payment to my child's school?
- Do students in kindergarten - grade 3 need iPad insurance?
- Does insurance cover the iPad charger and the cord?
- There is a new case on the iPads that is smaller than the previous case, does it have the same protection?
- Can students place stickers or write on the iPad case?
Parents are not required to pay for an insurance plan, but are required to go online to register before the child receives the iPad. Parents need to decline insurance coverage by choosing “other options” on the Spring Lake Park insurance plan. The insurance plans are optional. If you decline insurance coverage, you will be held responsible for the cost of the repair or replacement.
Spring Lake Park Schools is pleased to be able to provide access to an iPad for our students. If there are financial barriers, the district will work with families to meet their needs. If you have questions about payment terms and options, please email DigitalLearning@district16.org.
The following items are covered under the insurance policy:
- Accidental damage to the iPad (Deductible - $25 for first repair, $50 for the second repair and $125 for the third repair
- Theft – Parents are required to file a police report ($100 deductible)
- Fire, flood, or natural disaster
The following items are not covered:
- Intentional damage (full repair costs)
- Loss ($100 deductible)
- Stolen ($100 deductible and you must file a police report)
- Missing or damaged iPad chargers ($19) or charger cords ($19)
- Cases ($50, grades 4-6) and keyboard cases ($100, grades 7-12)
The new case specifications are as follow: Tested to exceed U.S. Department of Defense Standard 810F/G durability tests (26 drops from 4 feet). Magnetic closure saves battery life and folds into both viewing and typing modes. Tough, reinforced corners protect from inadvertent drops. Clear polycarbonate back panel.