Student and Family Advocates
High expectations. High Achievement. For all. No excuses.
Families are the foundation of a child’s school success. The Student and Family Advocate can meet with you to discuss your family’s questions and connect you with community agencies or programs that will best serve you and your family’s needs. Our hope is to help you and your family remove barriers to be successful.
What is a Student and Family Advocate?
- Bridge the gap between families and schools to promote collaborative processes and engagement in the educational planning for students
- Conduct home and community visits to establish positive communication, connections, and support
- Locate and link families to community resources to support stability, health and wellness, and learning readiness
- Provide a spectrum (from consult to intensive case management) of support to students and families
- Provide educational opportunities on identified topics such as: mental health, child development, stress reduction, discipline and safety, and teacher/parent/student communication
Advocates are available for visits in the home, school and community.