Section 504 Plans
Spring Lake Park Schools is committed to providing a free and appropriate public education to all students, including students who are handicapped, consistent with the definitions set forth in Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Section 504 requires that students who demonstrate “a substantial limitation in a major life function," have a written accommodation plan that will assist with their participation in the general educational environment.
Examples of physical or mental impairments that may be covered under Section 504 include: epilepsy, allergies, vision impairments, broken limbs, cancer, diabetes, asthma, ADD/ ADHD.
Examples of major life activities that can be affected by the student’s disability include: learning, thinking, concentrating, reading, speaking, walking, breathing, sleeping and caring for oneself. Major bodily functions can also be affected, including: brain function, immune system function and/or digestive functions.
Spring Lake Park Schools has one district-wide 504 coordinator and individual coordinators who are responsible for all 504 activities in each building. Contact the following staff to find out more about 504 identification requirements, plan development, parental rights and services.
Director of Student Services
Tony Mayer, 763-600-5080, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristen Hall, 763-600-5925, email@example.com
Kelly Semlak, 763-600-5721, firstname.lastname@example.org
Park Terrace Elementary
Jill Tessman, 763-600-5029, email@example.com
Lynnette Tewalt, 763-600-5515, firstname.lastname@example.org
Woodcrest Spanish Immersion School
Danielle McGill, 763-600-5820, email@example.com
Westwood Middle School: Find your contact person based on the letters in your last name:
- Last name letters A-Ha: Heather Krier, firstname.lastname@example.org, 763-600-5322
- Last name letters Hb-O: Marge Zobitz email@example.com, 763-600-5410
- Last name letters P-Z: Caleb Luecke, firstname.lastname@example.org, 763-600-5323
Spring Lake Park High School: Find your contact person based on the letters in your last name:
- Last name letters A-Cn: Shannon Betancourt, email@example.com, 763-600-5137
- Last name letters Co-Hec: Jeoffrey Reed, firstname.lastname@example.org, 763-600-5136
- Last name letters Hed-L: Jennifer Blaido, email@example.com; 763-600-5139
- Last name letters M-Pe: Justine Malecha, firstname.lastname@example.org, 763-600-5134
- Last name letters Pf-Sr: Angie Shea, email@example.com; 763-600-5133
- Last name letters Ss-Z: Troy Willemssen, firstname.lastname@example.org, 763-600-5135
Spring Lake Park High School 504 Coordinator:
Steve Brady, email@example.com, 763-600-5119