Click here to view Spring Lake Park School's Board Policy about medication.
Self-Administration of Medication
- Students in grades 7-12 may be allowed to self-carry and self-administer Tylenol or ibuprofen if a signed form to self-carry has been received by the health office, a signed student agreement has been reviewed with student and Health Care Specialist, and the medication is in it's original container/packaging
- If a student abuses this privilege in any way, the school may revoke their ability to self-carry over-the-counter pain relievers
- Students of any age may self-carry an inhaler or epi-pen with appropriate completed forms
Stock Medication in Health Offices
- The health offices do not carry or administer stock medication, such as Tylenol, ibuprofen or Benadryl
- It is preferred all medication are brought to school by a parent/guardian
- If a student bring brings medication to school, the student must go directly to the health office with the medication upon arrival to school. The medication bottle must be in a sealed envelope with the student's name, the name of the medication, and the number of pills/doses. Students are not allowed to carry medication throughout the building.
- Medication will be sent home with the student on the last day of school unless a parent/guardian has made alternative arrangements ahead of time with the Healthcare Specialist