Free and Reduced-Priced Meals
Remember, a new application must be completed every year to continue meal benefits.
Students who qualify for free or reduced meals by submitting a new application each school year will receive meals at no charge. We follow strict guidelines to protect a student's confidentiality. All kindergarten students are eligible for a free breakfast, paid for by the State of Minnesota.
Many of our school district families take advantage of this program offering free or reduced prices for school meals and activity fees. Some families qualify for this program because their household income has always or generally been below a given level. Others have taken advantage of this program because their household income is temporarily below a given level.
Please note: Your student's 2018-2019 free or reduced eligibility status expires October 21, 2019 then will automatically change to full pay status for the 2019-2020 school year! Please REAPPLY before that date!
The grace period to apply for free and reduced-price meals for the 2019-2020 school year expired Monday, October 21. Families who received free and reduced-price meals during the 2018-2019 school year and haven't reapplied for the 2019-2020 school year have become full pay as of Tuesday, October 22. Meals will be charged at full price, which is:
- Breakfast: $1.30
- Lunch: $2.60 (Kindergarten-grade 4) and $2.80 (grades 5-12)
Apply for the 2019-2020 school year below.
If you're not sure if you would qualify or if you could use some help in filling out the form, please ask for assistance in the main office of your child's school, at the District Services Center or contact Jane Sweney, Nutrition Services Program Program Assistant at 763-600-5041 or email@example.com.
Be sure to reapply every year!
Reapply before the October 21, 2019 grace period to avoid being charged for meals. You are responsible for any/all meal purchases until the application is received and processed.
If we do not receive a new application each fall:
- Meals will be charged at full price.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for keeping adequate funds in the account for all purchases.
Find an application
- Download, complete and return the Free and Reduced Application located in the blue box above.
- The application is mailed to all district families in August.
- Applications will be available at each school's open house event in the fall.
- You can request an application at the District Service Center or any school office at any time.
- You can apply, or reapply, anytime during the school year if your household circumstances change (proof will be required to show any changes).