- The funds schools receive from these benefits are critical to supporting our learning environment.
- A new application must be completed each school year. The application process is simple and confidential. Information obtained from meal applications is also used to determine student eligibility for a number of school programs including free bus cards, discounted internet services, reduced-price athletics & activities fees and counselors, reading and math specialists in our schools.
- All families received a mailed paper application in early August. Families are also able to fill out an online application through Campus Parent Portal or download and fill out a paper application, found below in the "How do I apply" section in multiple languages.
- Applications can be submitted any time during the school year. Families who have not applied for these benefits before should apply right away. You may re-apply for these benefits at any time during the school year regardless of your circumstances.
Online Application - 2023-2024 available now
- Complete an application through Campus Parent Portal
- Online Steps: Once logged into Campus Parent Portal, find the application by clicking on the "More" tab, then the "Meal Benefits" tab.
- Online application available in English or Spanish
Paper Application - Applications will hit homes in mid-August
Paper applications are mailed to all district households in early August. English and Spanish applications are also available at the District Service Center or any school office at any time. Please stop in if you need helping filling out your application.
Complete and return by choosing any of the following:
- Email to: email@example.com
- Fax to: 763-600-5582
- Mail or deliver to: Spring Lake Park Schools, Nutrition Services, 1415 81st Ave NE, Spring Lake Park, MN 55432
Download the following applications:
Would I qualify?
The income thresholds are higher than in other programs, so many families are surprised to find they do qualify. Please take a few minutes to fill out the application - even if you don't think you will qualify.
Many great benefits:
There are many great benefits to filling out an application. You could be eligible for:
- Reduced fares on Metro Transit through the Transit Assistance Program. Anyone in a household with a student receiving Free or Reduced Lunch is eligible to receive this reduced fare.
- Reduced fees for in-home internet access. This helps with affordable internet cost for eligible households through Internet Essentials by Comcast.
- Reduced fees for athletics and activities
- Reduced registration fees for AP Tests and college applications
Funds also go to support counselors, reading and math specialists in our schools.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 763-600-5041
- Who can get meals at no charge?
- How will I know the status of my eligibility?
- May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?
- Who should I include as members of my household?
- What if my income is not always the same?
- Where will the information I provide be kept?
- Will the information I give be checked?
- What if my income or household size changes in the middle of the school year?
- What if I have Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare?