SLP Online - grades K-6
SLP Schools Online Elementary is Spring Lake Park Schools’ full-time distance learning option for students in grades K-6. Through strong partnership between home and school, students experience learning specific to their individual strengths, interests and needs covering the same concepts as their in-school peers but tailored to them in an online, at-home environment.
- Does the student have effective communication skills – seek support when needed and practice self-advocacy?
- Does the student have the skills to work independently (persistence, self-motivation, time management)?
- Is the student willing to engage with the learning in a meaningful way?
- Does the student understand the engagement expectations?
- Is the student comfortable navigating technology and willing to learn about and practice digital citizenship?
- Does your family have an adult to serve as the at-home learning coach?
- Does the at-home learning coach understand the role and engagement expectations?
- Is there a designated learning space in the home that is comfortable, reasonably quiet, and free of distraction?
- Does the learning space have access to high speed, reliable internet?
- Is the at-home learning coach comfortable navigating technology and willing to attend a technology orientation?
Current online families: We will be asking you to share your intentions for next year over the next few weeks. Watch for our request in your email.
Spring Lake Park Schools families new to online: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to move your student’s enrollment.
Families new to Spring Lake Park Schools and online: Follow the process to enroll as a new family in SLP Online.