Preschool registration for the 2019-2020 school year will begin on February 1, 2019 and classes run September 2019-May 2020. Children must be at least 3 years old by September 1, 2019 in order to be eligible for 2019-2020 preschool.
Classes are filled on a first come, first-serve basis by online registration. All enrollments are placed on a “wait list” until all documentation and payment is verified by the office. If you would like more information about a preschool class, please call the Early Childhood Office at 763-600-5900. All registration is done through our website. Click here to visit Frequently Asked Questions on information about how to pay tuition and about reduced tuition.
- Click here to complete an online registration form for each child you are registering
- We are offering Preschool classes in each of the elementary schools (Centerview Elementary School, Park Terrace Elementary School, Northpoint Elementary School, and Woodcrest Spanish Immersion Elementary School). Attend preschool in the elementary school that your child will attend for kindergarten-4th grade or, if you are interested in a different class, check out one of our other sites. Click here to see what neighborhood school your child will attend.
- If you are interested in reduced tuition, please refer to the Sliding Fee Scale tab to verify eligibility. You will need to refer to this chart when registering online and provide required documentation.
- Answer online questionnaires as a part of the online registration process
- The MN Department of Education requires additional family information. You will need to complete Questionnaire 1 (required) and Questionnaire 2 (optional) while registering.
- To complete preschool registration
- One month’s tuition payment will be processed to your credit card on file when your registration is confirmed. This will be applied to your May 2019 tuition payment.
- Once you complete the online registration, you will be put on a “wait list” until we’ve verified your account. Your credit card will not be charged until your child is confirmed in a class. An email confirmation will be sent once your child is confirmed in a class.
- If you are applying for the sliding fee, bring your proof of income to the District Service Center (1415 81st Ave NE, Spring Lake Park). Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- All documentation must be turned in before your registration is approved and your child is confirmed in a class.
- You must bring page 1 of your IRS Federal Income Tax Form (most recent) so we can determine eligibility.
- Once you complete the online registration you will be put on a “Wait List” until we’ve verified your account
- You will receive an email confirmation once confirmed in the program
- Once you complete the online registration you will be put on a “Wait List” until we can determine your eligibility.
- You must bring the following required documents to the District Service Center at 1415 81st Ave NE, Spring Lake Park so we can determine your eligibility:
- Page 1 of your IRS Federal Income Tax Form (most recent) or an official form documenting current enrollment in SNAP, MFIP, ACCAP, or foster care.
- Child’s original certified birth certificate (we will make a copy for our records).
- If an older sibling qualifies for free or reduced priced meals, families may bring in the application approval instead of the above document.
You will receive an email confirmation informing you of your child’s enrollment status
Below is the 2018-2019 preschool sliding fee scale. This is not applicable to Discovery Days.
|Number in Family||Client Pays 25%||Client Pays 50%||Client Pays %75||Client Pays 100%|
|2||annual income $0 to $21,329||annual income $21,330 to $25,336||annual income $25,337 to $30,043||annual income $30,044 +|
|3||annual income $0 to $26,763||annual income $26,764 to $31,798||annual income $31,799 to $37,776||annual income $37,777 +|
|4||annual income $0 to $32,171||annual income $32,172 to $38,235||annual income $38,236 to $45,509||annual income $45,510 +|
|5||annual income $0 to $37,616||annual income $37,617 to $44,709||annual income $44,710 to $53,242||annual income $53,243 +|
|6||annual income $0 to $43,061||annual income $43,062 to $51,182||annual income $51,183 to $60,975||annual income $60,976 +|
|7||annual income $0 to $49,262||annual income $49,263 to $58,412||annual income $58,413 to $68,708||annual income $68,709 +|
|8||annual income $0 to $53,951||annual income $53,952 to $64,129||annual income $64,130 to $76,441||
annual income $76,442 +
|Preschool School Year Rates|
|Two days per week||$33/month
|Three days per week||$41/month $369/year||$83/month $747/year||$125/month $1,125/year||$166/month $1,494/year|
If you need assistance registering, are unable to pay via credit card, or need to drop off required documents, please visit the District Service Center at 1415 81st Avenue, Spring Lake Park between 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m, Monday-Friday. You can also reach the Early Childhood Center at 763-600-5900.