Each year, we develop a School Improvement and Innovation Plan. The plan aligns to our Spring Lake Park Schools strategic plan and vision and includes projects to ensure – engaged and enthusiastic learners, effective operations, and communications and connections. Projects are identified based on student learning results and an assessment of how we are doing in implementing our plans and strategies. These projects guide our focus for staff professional learning and implementation activities.
Engaged and Enthusiastic Learners: Continuously improve personalized instruction and responsiveness to meet our students’ unique and varied needs.
- Enhance opportunities for Play-based learning experiences: Engage all Early Childhood staff in professional development to design student learning experiences and assessments that are grounded in play
- Design, implement and evaluate professional learning around play-based learning experiences
- Explore and adopt resources for play-based learning experiences. -Design, implement and evaluate professional learning around authentic assessment
- Refine the use of learner profiles to ensure that staff are provided with useful information about students who are starting kindergarten
Effective Operations: Improve our effective management of human, financial and physical resources.
- Re-design the ECSE Enrollment: Redesign the ECSE Enrollment process so there is an efficient and consistent process for students in special education when entering our program
Communications and Connections: Increase the connection, engagement and support of our families and communities
- Continue and Expand family and community outreach: Reach beyond the boundaries of the school building to connect with students who are not currently in our Spring Lake Park Early Childhood programs prior to kindergarten
- Establish relationships with organizations outside of our school programs that serve students and their families
- Explore ways to serve more students in Early Childhood age birth through 5 beyond our preschool programs, including non-traditional ways to reach all families outside of the classroom
- Ensure that all incoming kindergarten students are known by name, interest, strength and need based on learner profiles regardless of whether or not they participated in our Early Childhood programming