Technology Tools, Resources and Log Ins
At Spring Lake Park Schools, students and families will utilize a variety of technology tools. Whether you are paying a lunch bill or learning on your school-issued iPad, find technology information you need here.
The toolkit is organized by the following topics:
- Digital Learning Systems: Schoology and Seesaw
- School Operational Systems: Campus Parent Portal, MyStop and others (check schedules, pay fees, find bus information and more).
- iPad Tutorials
- Self Service
- Conferencing Tools
- Tools to Demonstrate Learning
- Student Online Resources
- Troubleshooting Tips (password portal, internet connectivity and more)
- Translate Grades K-6 Report Cards
This toolkit includes links to video tutorials, FAQs and informational resources on a variety of tools used by Spring Lake Park Students and Staff. Scroll down to find support for each of the tools.
The SLP Tech Department is here to support students and families.
Help Desk: 763-600-5555
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Spring Lake Park Schools uses a variety of digital tools to support student learning. Technology software and resources are used to support work as we help all students develop the skills necessary to succeed in an ever-changing world.
See an inventory of the digital tools we use for curriculum, testing, and assessment. This inventory includes an outline of the student data elements used within each tool and a link to data privacy policies enacted with the software or technology vendor.
- Campus Parent Portal - class schedules, attendance, report cards, nutrition services payment and transcripts.
- MyStop - bus tracking
- Blackboard Notification System - update notification preferences
- Naviance - career and college exploration and planning
- Community Education Registration - child care, youth opportunities and adult education
- SLP website - translating website, mobile app and school newsletters
- To find all information regarding iPads at Spring Lake Park Schools, please visit the iPad Resource Hub
There are several ways you can use your child's iPad to translate the report card. We are recommending that you use the Google translate app found in Self Service. You can follow these steps for support:
- Get Google Translate. If the Google Translate app is not on the iPad, download it from Self Service.
- Open Google Translate. Find the Google Translate app and open it by tapping on its icon.
- Pick languages. There are two boxes at the top. Tap the first to choose English. Tap the second to choose the language you want the report card translated into.
- Select camera mode. Below the boxes, tap the option that looks like a camera to use it for translation. • Allow camera access. When it asks for camera access, just say "OK" or "Allow."
- Take a Picture. Hold the iPad over the report card, with text in the frame, and take a picture.
- Adjust if needed. The words will be highlighted. To change the highlighted part, drag the corners of the box.
- Translate. After the text is selected, tap "Translate.” The words will change to the language you chose.
- Read the translation. If the translation is not right, you might need to fix it or try taking the picture again.
- Save or share. To keep the translated text or show it to someone, select the option you want.