Hello Centerview families,
We are up and running with extended flexible learning at Centerview Elementary! Yes, Monday was a morning to navigate with some expected frustration for all of us. Our Seesaw (K-2) and Schoology (3-4) learning platforms – used worldwide – experienced technical difficulty. By the afternoon and over the last couple of days, systems improved.
Thank you for your partnership and patience! I am a parent myself. I have three school age kids at home. It’s been a balancing act as we work to find a new normal and routine in this unexpected time. Thank you for supporting learning every day.
Over the last few days, I have talked with each of Centerview’s teachers. ALL were excited to see students this first week back. Teachers quickly found that engaging in learning with students through extended flex learning to be an extreme joy!
Seesaw and Schoology have allowed for student work and interactions to be completed in a variety of flexible and creative ways. Students have reconnected and have shared their learning through the use of Flipgrid. Students have met “live” for morning meeting through Schoology Conference, and kids have used Garage Band to create their own eight beat rhythm composition in music! It’s been challenging and fun learning through the use of technology.
It doesn’t take long to identify some best practice for the online experience. Here are a few we’ve found – and want to pass on to you from these first few days:
- Create a regular study place and keep it organized
- Eliminate distractions
- Screen shot your daily learning agenda in case there is a learning platform challenge
- Wear headphones
- Building self-direction in students – I do (parent), we do (together), you do (student)
See the Need to Know section for additional information and resources, including:
- Tutorials for families to familiarize yourself with the tools and platforms we’re using
- How to access tech support
- Options for low and no-cost wireless services
- Resources for social and emotional health during this time
- Spirit week information for next week’s virtual spirit week
Yes, it feels like the first week of school all over again! Well, kind of. Students aren’t with me they are with you! I appreciate all of you and your students! I am fortunate to be a part of their lives, and as a staff, we are grateful to once again be connecting as a Centerview learning community focused on supporting each other and learning during this time.
Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or thoughts, 763-600-5501.