End of the Year Preschool Picnic
Thursday, May 17, 6-7 p.m., Aquatore Park (9191 Lincoln Street, Blaine)
You’re invited to a free family event for all Spring Lake Park Preschool and Discovery Days families! Join your friends and teachers for an evening of playground play and a picnic dinner!
Please bring your own picnic items and a blanket to sit on if you like.
Scholastic BOGO Book Fair
May 8-11, Early Childhood Family Center (7925 Able Street NE, SLP – enter in door #28)
During AM and PM Preschool drop-off/pick-up (8:30-9:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m.-noon, 12:50-1:15 p.m., and 3:15-3:45 p.m.)
- Scholastic BOGO Book Fair May 8-11 Early Childhood Family Center
- End of the Year Picnic for Preschool Families Thursday, May 17 6-7 p.m.
- Early Childhood Screening (ages 3-5) May 21 and 22, July 11, August 16
- Last Week of ECFE May 14-18 Last Week of Preschool May 21-25
- Zumbini® - New ECFE Class, July 10 - August 2, 9-10 a.m.
Early Childhood Screening
The years from birth to the start of kindergarten are an important time of rapid learning and growth. Early Childhood Screening is a FREE, quick, and simple check of your child`s development. It can help identify, at an early stage, possible health or learning concerns, so that children can get help even before starting kindergarten. Minnesota law requires that your child be screened before enrollment in public school kindergarten.
- Earlier is better! The best age to have your child screened is at age 3 1/2. All results are based on your child's exact age on the day of screening.
- Children enrolled in Head Start will be screened there and records are forwarded to their school district
- If your child has had an educational evaluation and/or is currently receiving Special Education/Early Intervention services, they do not need to be screened
- Results of each portion are discussed with the parent or guardian
- Screening does not determine readiness for kindergarten
Kindergarten Round-up is Tuesday, May 15
This event is for parents and their future kindergartners. Each session is planned in an informal open house style so families can arrive and leave anytime during the scheduled sessions:
- Centerview (National Sports Center in the Exhibition Hall/Grand Ballroom, 1700 105th Ave NE, Blaine): 4:30- 5:30 p.m. or 6-7 p.m.
- Northpoint (2350 124th Court, Blaine): 9:45-10:45 a.m. or 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Park Terrace (8301 Terrace Road, Spring Lake Park): 9:45-10:45 a.m. or 5:30-6:45 p.m.
- Woodcrest (880 Osborne Road, Fridley): 9:30-10:30 a.m. or 5:30-6:45 p.m.
Register now for Preschool!
Registration is open for summer Discovery Days and 2018-2019 school year
Preschool and Discovery Days Our programs prepare children for kindergarten by incorporating literacy, math, science, social studies, art, social/emotional development, and physical development into its curriculum. To register and view the new brochure, visit SpringLakeParkSchools.org/EC
Zumbini® Starting Soon!
Tuesdays and Thursdays, July 10 – August 2, 9-10 a.m.
Designed to let you and your little ones 0 to 4 years old wiggle, sing, and learn together, the Zumbini® program is where the science of child development meets the magic of Zumba®. Register online: SpringLakeParkSchools.org/ECFE