Back to School
We can't wait to welcome back our students for the 2021-2022 school year! Below is important information and resources for families as they prepare for the school year. We've also compiled your back-to-school checklist with all the things to do in the next month to get ready for the first day of school.
Tuesday, September 7
- First day of school for grades K-8 and Lighthouse students
- Orientation for grade 9 students and grades 10-12 students new to the high school
Wednesday, September 8
- First day of school for returning grades 10-12 students who are not new to the high school
With a new school year approaching and COVID-19 lingering in our state, school plans and health and safety are on people’s minds.
Spring Lake Park Schools will offer full-time (5 days per week), in-person learning for grades K-12 for the 2021-2022 school year. For families interested in online options, SLP Schools Online is a state-approved online school for grades K-12. We will always prioritize plans that maximize safe, in-person learning at school for our students.
Learn more at SpringLakeParkSchools.org/Covid19.
|Centerview||Wednesday, September 1||3-6 p.m.|
|Northpoint||Wednesday, September 1||
1-2 p.m., 4-5 p.m. or 5:30-6:30 p.m
|Park Terrace||Wednesday, September 1||3-6:30 p.m.|
|Woodcest||Wednesday, September 1||3-6 p.m.|
|Westwood||Tuesday, August 31||4-7 p.m.|
|SLPHS - 9th grade||Tuesday, August 31||3-6 p.m.|
|SLPHS - 10-12th grade||Wednesday, September 1||3-6 p.m.|
|Lighthouse||Wednesday, September 1||4-6 p.m.|
- School meals will be provided for free again this school year, however, it is important families still fill out a free and reduced-priced meal and educational benefits application for the 2021-2022 school year.
- The free and reduced-priced meal and educational benefits application was mailed to families in early August. Online applications, in multiple languages, are available now.
- Add money to your student's meal account online at Campus Parent Portal.
- Find school breakfast and lunch menus on the Nutrition Services page.
- Families who indicated they needed district transportation for this fall will receive bus route information in the mail the Week of August 23
- MyStop -Parents and students can download the MyStop app, that allows them to access live bus GPS information.
- Bus route information will be mailed to families at the end of August. For general information and bus routing, contact Spring Lake Park Schools transportation services at 763-600-5590 or visit their web page.
- All student immunizations need to be up-to-date prior to the start of the school year. Learn more and download an immunization form
- Find a variety of health resources and forms available to SLP families
- Learn about our Nut Aware Classroom guidelines to make our classroom peanut/nut aware and to prevent potential allergic reactions.
Technology Tools, Resources and Log Ins
At SLP, students and families will utilize a variety of technology tools. Whether you are paying a lunch bill or learning on your school-issued iPad, find technology information you need.
Campus Parent Portal
Campus Parent Portal provides online access to secure and timely information about class schedules, attendance, report cards and transcripts. It is also where you can add money to your student's meal account.
Online District Calendar
The district calendar for the 2021-2022 school year includes non-student days information, school holiday's, school specific events and more.
Learning Ventures Child Care programs provide high quality services that will grow with your child from preschool through grade six. Learning Ventures Child Care offers flexible scheduling options to meet the needs of your family!
To find contact information for our SLP School staff, visit the Staff Directory page. You can filter by name, location or department to more easily find who you are looking to contact.
High School Athletics and Activities
Find a list of athletics and activities and register today to get involved.