Back to School
We can't wait to see our students on Thursday, September 10 for the 2020-2021 school year! Below is important information and resources for families as they prepare for the school year.
We will use the first two days of school – September 10 and 11 – to orient our students and families, creatively connect for meet and greet opportunities and carefully manage transitions for students in grades K, 5, 7, and 9 as they transition to new buildings. The first day of instruction for all grade levels in both models will be Monday, September 14.
In the Modified Campus Schedule (Hybrid) Model, our approach to September 10 and 11 is similar to other years and provides a higher level of support for students making critical transitions between grade levels and buildings. It also provides an opportunity for us to implement transportation, arrival and dismissal procedures and other critical aspects of our operations with smaller group sizes.
At our elementary schools (grades K-4):
- Kindergarten students will come to school
- Grades 1-4 students will participate in online meet and greet activities with teachers as they orient to the new year from home (These students will NOT be coming to school these days.)
At Westwood Intermediate and Middle Schools (grades 5-8)
- Grade 5 and Grade 7 students and students new to the district in Group A (last names A-L) will come to school on September 10
- Grade 5 and Grade 7 students and students new to the district in Group B (last names M-Z) will come to school on September 11
- Grade 6 and Grade 8 students will participate in online meet and greet activities with teachers on these two days as they orient to the year from home
At Spring Lake Park High School (grades 9-12)
- Grade 9 students and students new to the district in Group A (last names A-L) will come to school on September 10
- Grade 9 students and students new to the district in Group B (last names M-Z) will come to school on September 11
- Grades 10-12 students will participate in online meet and greet activities with teachers on these two days as they get oriented to their courses for the trimester
In the Extended Flexible Learning (Distance Learning) Model, September 10 and 11 will be dedicated to students participating in online meet and greet activities with teachers to build relationships. This will also provide an opportunity to ensure technology is set up to support learning.
As we prepare for the start of a new school year, our communities continue to experience the impact of COVID-19. Information about how we will respond through the school year, and information about our plans to continue personalizing learning for each student and safeguard health and safety for all, can found at SpringLakeParkSchools.org/Plan2020.
We are grateful for the support and partnership of our families and communities. Together, we will make this school year the best it can possibly be.
- The free- and reduced-priced meal application was mailed to all families mid-August. Online applications are available.
- Add money to your student's meal account online at Campus Parent Portal.
- In late August, breakfast and lunch menus will be shared on this page, too.
- Parents and students can download the MyStop app, that allows them to access live bus GPS information.
- Bus route information will be mailed to families at the end of August. For general information and bus routing, contact Spring Lake Park Schools transportation services at 763-600-5590 or visit their web page.
Campus Parent Portal
Parent Portal provides online access to secure and timely information about class schedules, attendance, report cards and transcripts. It is also where you can add money to your student's meal account.
Did you forget your password over the summer? Visit our Password Portal.
The calendar for the 2020-2021 school year includes non-student days information, school holiday's and more.
Learning Ventures Child Care programs provide high quality services that will grow with your child from preschool through grade six. Learning Ventures Child Care offers flexible scheduling options to meet the needs of your family!