Spring Lake Park Schools has a free mobile app that allows users to receive the latest news and information from all district schools right from their smartphone or tablet. The app also allows families to log in to see some information from Campus on their students.
The mobile app is a one-stop shop for school news, directory information, notifications, newsletters, calendars, logins to Schoology and PayPams and more. Users can customize the app by selecting which schools' information they want pushed to the app. Parents can login to the app to find classes, attendance and bus information for their students. Users can also choose to receive push notifications about breaking news and updates about school closures.
To download this free mobile app, follow the directions below.
Download and use the Spring Lake Park Schools Mobile App
- Visit the Google Play Store or iTunes Store and search for Spring Lake Park Schools
- Once the app has downloaded, open it and you will be prompted to setup the app
- Your phone may prompt you to allow notifications from the app. These notifications may include breaking news and updates about school closures. You can choose whether you want to allow these notifications or not. While it is your choice, we encourage you to allow notifications to take advantage of all capabilities of the app.
- Click either “Find by my location” or “Choose from list” to select the schools or programs you wish to follow then click next. You can always change your preferences later if you decide to follow additional schools or programs.
- Click “Finish” on the popup that says “You’re done!”
- Navigate through the app. Below you will find an overview of each icon.
- To edit your settings and follow different schools or programs, click on the “Settings” icon. In settings, click “Follow Schools.” From here, you can select the schools you want to follow and what type of news you want to see. You can choose from district news, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr and Instagram.
Login to the SLP Mobile App
Parents can login to the mobile app by clicking on the “My Family Login” icon. Once logged in, parents can view some information from Campus on their students and edit their delivery preferences.
- Login to the app with your district username and password, the same you use to login to Schoology and Parent Portal. If you have troubles signing in, visit our Password Portal page to update your password.
- Once you’ve logged in, you will see additional icons for your student(s) and yourself
- Click on the icon for yourself to edit your delivery preferences, including push notifications, for emergencies, attendance, lunch balances and more.
- Please note, parents are the only user group able to login at this time
Mobile App Icons
- News: A single news feed for the schools and programs you follow featuring calendar events, news, notification, social media and more.
- Directory: Quickly access contact information for the district and schools, and connect with the press of a button.
- Notifications: View important district and school communication. If you allowed your phone to send push notifications, you may receive alerts, sounds and icon badges.
- My Family Login: Parents can view important student information like attendance and schedules and edit delivery preferences.
- Calendar: All district and school calendars are available. Add events to your personal calendar by clicking “Add to device calendar.”
- Please note: you might need to allow the app to have access to your calendars. You can enable access in Privacy Settings on an iPhone.
- Menus: View the breakfast and lunch menus at your student’s school.
- Newsletters: Read the latest newsletter from your student’s school.
- Quick Links: If you can’t find what you’re looking for in the app, Quick Links will likely get you there. Visit some of the district’s most accessed pages.
- Schoology: Login to view assignments, grades, class updates and more.
- Athletics and Activities: A quick way to visit SLPHS athletics and activities websites.
- Community Education: Checkout upcoming Community Education opportunities and register.
- Tickets: Purchase tickets to upcoming SLP theater performances.
- Panther Foundation: Read about all the great things the Panther Foundation is doing in Spring Lake Park Schools, register for an upcoming event or become a sponsor.
- Facebook: Visit the district and school Facebook accounts.
- Twitter: Visit the district and staff Twitter accounts.
- YouTube: Visit the district YouTube page.
- Settings: Customize your user settings to view the schools and feeds you care about most and translate the app.
- Customize: In settings, click “Follow Schools.” From here, you can select the schools you want to follow and what types of news you want to see. You can choose from district news, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr and Instagram.
- Translate: In settings, click “Select Language.” From here, you can select the language you want the app to translate content too.
If you have questions about the mobile app, please contact Communications at email@example.com.