Spring Lake Park Schools publishes news and information on a weekly basis throughout the school year. Teachers also use several tools to track progress, assignments, attendance, grades and more. Below are some tools to help you stay in touch this school year.
If you’re looking for school-specific events, click here to customize your calendar to show events from the schools and programs you wish to view.
- Under "Sort Calendar" hit the + District Calendar and + School Calendars buttons.
- These will allow you to see all the calendars for each school and the district. Select or deselect which schools/programs you want to see by clicking on the arrow next to the school
- When you've finished selecting schools/programs, click the "Update Calendar" button
- Under Search Calendar, you can now search for a specific keyword(s) or during a specific date range
- Schools are coded in two ways in the calendar - by color and by short school code.
- School color codes can be found under "Sort Calendars" when you select + School Calendars
- Short school codes are:
- HS = Spring Lake Park High School
- WW = Westwood Intermediate and Middle School
- CV = Centerview Elementary School
- NP = Northpoint Elementary School
- PT = Park Terrace Elementary School
- WC = Woodcrest Elementary School
- LH = Lighthouse School
- EC = Early Childhood
- PS = Preschool
If you don't see an event, please contact your school's front office for more information.
The district uses a notification system to send emails, voice messages, text messages and mobile app push notifications. Families can customize their notification preferences and how they want to receive communication by logging into the mobile app or by visiting SpringLakeParkSchools.ParentLink.net. If you need to update your phone numbers or email addresses, login to Parent Portal and staff members need to login to Skyward.
Update how you receive messages
- Login to SpringLakeParkSchools.ParentLink.net using your district username and password
- Click on “Account” in the upper right-hand corner
- In the pop-up, select the “Delivery Preferences” tab
- Under the “Emergency” and "Other" headers, click on text (message bubble icon), phone numbers (phone icon) and email (envelope icon) to select what email and phone numbers should receive emergency messages. Please note, this is not the system used to send breakfast and lunch balance notifications. To update those messages, please learn more on the nutritions services page.
- If you have opted out of text or email messages and would like to opt back in, follow these directions:
- Phone calls: Call the phone hotline at "855-502-STOP (855-502-7867)" from the phone line that has been opted out.
- Text (SMS) messages: Reply START to "60680" from the phone line that has been opted out for non-emergency messages. Reply START to "54968" for emergency messages.
Every other Thursday throughout the school year, parents will receive a Parent Connections email containing district information, staff and student accomplishments, upcoming events, Community Education information and more. If you aren’t receiving these emails, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The last few Parent Connections can be found at these links:
Each school will post a newsletter on their website under Parents – News and email it home on most weeks throughout the school year. To ensure you receive these emails, please update student and family contact information in the Campus Parent Portal system. Click here to make updates in Parent Portal
Click on the links below to read your school's newsletter.
- Centerview Elementary School Newsletter
- Northpoint Elementary School Newsletter
- Park Terrace Elementary School Newsletter
- Woodcrest Spanish Immersion Newsletter
- Westwood Intermediate and Middle School Newsletter
- Spring Lake Park High School Newsletter
- Lighthouse School Newsletter
- Early Childhood and Preschool Newsletter
Follow us on Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. To view the official social media accounts for the district, schools, programs and activities visit SpringLakeParkSchools.org/SocialMedia. The district also uses the hashtag #SLPPantherProud on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to talk about all the positive things going on in the district. Join the conversation!
- Campus Parent Portal, Schoology and Seesaw
- Classroom Communication
- Free SLP Mobile App
- Password Portal
The district has several ways for parents to access information about their students through online access.
Campus Parent Portal
Families can use it to view information about your student’s class schedules, attendance, end of trimester grades, transportation and transcripts. Families can also update contact information, such as email addresses and phone numbers here.Click here to learn more and login to campus parent portal
With Seesaw, students can share their learning and growth and families can see learning evidence posted to to their child’s journal. Click here to learn more and login to Seesaw
The first way for parents to access information is through Schoology, which is a learning management system used in classrooms on a daily basis. Parents can view classroom and course updates, assignments, grades on assignments and tests, and communication from individual teachers. Click here to learn more and login to Schoology
The free SLP mobile app allows users to receive the latest news and information from all district schools right from their smartphone or tablet. You can customize the mobile app to choose the schools you would like to receive information from. Visit SpringLakeParkSchools.org/MobileApp to
download the app and learn more.
The mobile app is a one-stop shop for:
- School news
- Staff contact information
- and lunch menus
Password Portal will allow you to change your network password from school or home. Changing your password in the automated Password Portal will change it for all of your district accounts including Campus Parent Portal, Schoology and the SLP Mobile App. Click here to change your password