Spring Lake Park Schools publishes news and information on a weekly basis throughout the school year. Teachers also use several tools to track progress, assignments, attendance, grades and more. Below are some tools to help you stay in touch this school year.
If you’re looking for school-specific events, click here to customize your calendar to show events from the schools and programs you wish to view.
- Under "Sort Calendar" hit the + District Calendar and + School Calendars buttons.
- These will allow you to see all the calendars for each school and the district. Select or deselect which schools/programs you want to see by clicking on the arrow next to the school
- When you've finished selecting schools/programs, click the "Update Calendar" button
- Under Search Calendar, you can now search for a specific keyword(s) or during a specific date range
- Schools are coded in two ways in the calendar - by color and by short school code.
- School color codes can be found under "Sort Calendars" when you select + School Calendars
- Short school codes are:
- HS = Spring Lake Park High School
- WW = Westwood Intermediate and Middle School
- CV = Centerview Elementary School
- NP = Northpoint Elementary School
- PT = Park Terrace Elementary School
- WC = Woodcrest Elementary School
- LH = Lighthouse School
- EC = Early Childhood
- PS = Preschool
If you don't see an event, please contact your school's front office for more information.
The district uses a notification system to send emails, voice messages, text messages and mobile app push notifications. Families can customize their notification preferences and how they want to receive communication by following the step below.
Update how you receive messages
- Login to SpringLakeParkSchools.ParentLink.net using your district username and password
- Once you are logged in, click on “Account” in the upper right-hand corner
- In the pop-up, select the “Delivery Preferences” tab
- Under the “Emergency” and "Other" headers, click on text (message bubble icon), phone numbers (phone icon) and email (envelope icon) to select what email and phone numbers should receive emergency messages
- If you have opted out of text or email messages and would like to opt back in, follow these directions:
- Phone calls: Call the phone hotline at "855-502-STOP (855-502-7867)" from the phone line that has been opted out.
- Text (SMS) messages: Reply START to "60680" from the phone line that has been opted out for non-emergency messages. Reply START to "54968" for emergency messages.
Need to update your phone number and/or email address? Follow these instructions
- Log into Campus Parent portal
- Once you are logged in, select “more” on the left-side menu
- To update information on any of the following sections you will see an “Update” button that will create an information change request. Once submitted, our enrollment office will review the information and will process the changes. If we have any questions, we will contact you
- Click on “Address Information” to update your household phone number. To update address information, you will need to contact our enrollment office at 763-600-5018
- Click on “Demographics” to update information on your child. If you have more than one child in the district you can change the active child from the selector on the upper right of the screen
- The Demographics screen also allows you to add other people that are related to the child like grandparents that live in a different household
- Click on the “Family Information” tab to update individual phone numbers, email addresses, family member and family relationships to each of your households
- Click on the “Health” information tab to review health information and immunization
Every other Thursday throughout the school year, parents will receive a Parent Connections email containing district information, staff and student accomplishments, upcoming events, Community Education information and more. If you aren’t receiving these emails, please contact email@example.com.
The last few Parent Connections can be found at these links:
Each school will post a newsletter on their website under Parents – News and email it home on most weeks throughout the school year. To ensure you receive these emails, please update student and family contact information in the Campus Parent Portal system. Click here to make updates in Parent Portal
Click on the links below to read your school's newsletter.
- Centerview Elementary School Newsletter
- Northpoint Elementary School Newsletter
- Park Terrace Elementary School Newsletter
- Woodcrest Spanish Immersion Newsletter
- Westwood Intermediate and Middle School Newsletter
- Spring Lake Park High School Newsletter
- Lighthouse School Newsletter
- Early Childhood and Preschool Newsletter
Follow us on Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. To view the official social media accounts for the district, schools, programs and activities visit SpringLakeParkSchools.org/SocialMedia. The district also uses the hashtag #SLPPantherProud on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to talk about all the positive things going on in the district. Join the conversation!
- Campus Parent Portal, Schoology and Seesaw
- Classroom Communication
- Free SLP Mobile App
- Password Portal
The district has several ways for parents to access information about their students through online access.
Campus Parent Portal
Families can use it to view information about your student’s class schedules, attendance, end of trimester grades, transportation and transcripts. Families can also update contact information, such as email addresses and phone numbers here.Click here to learn more and login to campus parent portal
With Seesaw, students can share their learning and growth and families can see learning evidence posted to to their child’s journal. Click here to learn more and login to Seesaw
The first way for parents to access information is through Schoology, which is a learning management system used in classrooms on a daily basis. Parents can view classroom and course updates, assignments, grades on assignments and tests, and communication from individual teachers. Click here to learn more and login to Schoology
The free SLP mobile app allows users to receive the latest news and information from all district schools right from their smartphone or tablet. You can customize the mobile app to choose the schools you would like to receive information from. Visit SpringLakeParkSchools.org/MobileApp to
download the app and learn more.
The mobile app is a one-stop shop for:
- School news
- Staff contact information
- and lunch menus
Password Portal will allow you to change your network password from school or home. Changing your password in the automated Password Portal will change it for all of your district accounts including Campus Parent Portal, Schoology and the SLP Mobile App. Click here to change your password