College Planning and Information Night
Save the date!
Student Services is hosting their second annual Junior College Planning Meeting at Spring Lake Park High School. All juniors and their families are invited to attend from 6:30-8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, December 5. Come to learn and get ready for your future!
- Overview of the Application Process - Discover the steps and timeline for the college application process in this large group session. Learn how the Student Services Office provides support for you and your child during this critical time in launching into life after high school.
- Finding the Right Fit – Join us in an activity to learn more about what you should be looking for when researching colleges. Remember, just because you’ve never heard of the school doesn’t mean it isn’t the right fit for you!
- ACT/SAT Prep – Get an overview of both the ACT and SAT college entrance exams. Find out the timeline for testing and learn how colleges test scores to determine acceptance. Also, get the inside scoop on test prep options and test-optional colleges.
- Financial Aid – Get an overview of the financial aid process that you will need to complete during your senior year.
- Naviance/Common App - Spring Lake Park High School is now using Naviance for college and career readiness for all 9th-12th grades. Come to this session to learn the basics. We will make sure your student knows how to login, share what juniors are doing with Naviance in the classroom and provide ways to use Naviance together at home when discussing future planning with your student.
Please contact your dean if you have any questions. Learn more about SLPHS deans and how to contact them on the Student Services webpages.