Nut Aware Classrooms
There are many students in the Spring Lake Park schools who have severe allergies to tree nuts, peanuts, peanut butter, and/or products that contain nuts. Accidental ingestion or even touching a tiny trace of a nut may cause a potential fatal reaction for some students.
We need your help in supporting the following guidelines to make our classroom peanut/nut aware and to prevent potential allergic reactions:
- Please do not send any snacks with your student which contain nuts, peanuts, peanut butter or other nut products.
- If your child packs a lunch containing tree nuts, peanuts, peanut butter or other nut products, it must stay in a sealed container while being kept in the classroom.
- Students will be permitted to bring nut products as part of their lunch, as students with allergies sit at a separate table where there is adult supervision of food products.
- Nut aware tables will be clearly labeled in lunch rooms for students with allergies.
- If you need help in selecting appropriate snacks that do not include nuts or nut products, please click here to visit SnackSafely.com for ideas.
Thank you in advance for your support, as we continue to create a safe environment for all students. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your child’s building health care specialist.