Career and College Planning
Find information here to help you plan for a future career or college. Whether you are just starting to explore your options or far along the path your Counseling Office staff are here to help. On this page you can learn:
- Coming soon: SLPHS Counseling Office
- See a full calendar of career and college events happening at SLPHS
- Access college planning resources - college reps visits, entrance exams, college fairs and more!
- Access information on scholarships and financial planning
- Access career planning resources and opportunities
- Learn how to request your Transcript
- Connect with your counselor
Your counseling team will be working throughout December and January meeting with students to discuss their plans for the upcoming school year.
Students will learn of new course offerings and all they ways they can begin working on earning College Credit during high school. We encourage families to talk at home about their child's course plans for the coming year!
Pandemic or not here we come!
SLPHS counseling office and MnACC (Minnesota Associate of Counselors of Color) have teamed up to offer our first in-person college fair since 2019.
We will keep you posted on the colleges attending - just be sure to save the date - March 7th 2022.
|Upcoming Career and College Events|
|Event||Date, Time and Location|
|Ready, Set, FAFSA! - Financial Aid Overview||February 8, 7 p.m.: Learn more about the many ways to pay for college—like grants, loans, scholarships, and work-study—and how to apply for them. Register here|
|Ready, Set, FAFSA! - Complete the FAFSA||February 15, 7 p.m.: Find out more about the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This is the most important form to get money for education after high school. Register here|
|Ready, Set, FAFSA! - Complete the MN Dream Act||February 17, 7 p.m.: Minnesota also has a form for undocumented students called the Minnesota Dream Act, which allows them to be eligible for in-state tuition. Register here|
|Ready, Set, FAFSA! - Understanding your offer letter||February 22, 7 p.m.: Understanding your financial aid award letter can be complicated, especially if you applied to more than one college. This session will help you understand how to read and compare them. Register here|
|Ready, Set, FAFSA! - Scholarship Search||March 1, 7 p.m.: Learn more about how to get scholarships, or free money, for your education after high school. Register here|
|Renewal by Anderson||January 19, 9:30 a.m. : Kenneth Hall (Contact Mr. Van Brocklin for more information)|
|Rik Myhre-JE Dunn Construction||January 21, 9:30 a..m : Kenneth Hall (Contact Mr. Van Brocklin for more information)|
|MnACC College Fair||March 7, 11:30 a.m. : SLPHS Panther Gym|
- College Planning Kick Off : Class of 2023
- Class of 2022 - College Application Information
- College Visits and Fairs
- College Entrance Exams
- Minnesota Private College Guide
- NCAA Eligibility
- College Planning & GAP Year Resources
- Other College Opportunities
- Recorded Presentations for the Class of 2022, 2023, 2024