Spring Lake Park High School Information Nights
Spring Lake Park High School is hosting two information nights for incoming ninth grade students.
Wednesday, February 6
Families and students who are currently enrolled at Westwood are encouraged to attend the eighth grade Registration Night and Opportunity Fair on Wednesday, February 6 from 4:30-7 p.m.
The following presentations will be given between 4:30-7 p.m. Review the schedule below to plan your night.
Presentations and sessions available
Career and College Readiness 12x12
- 4:30 p.m., 5 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. in the Science Wing
- The goal of the 12x12 project is for each student to earn at least 12 college credits by the end of 12thgrade. Multiple pathways for meeting this end goal are in place, including embedded college courses through Anoka Ramsey Community College, Advanced Placement coursework, Career and College Pathways courses, AVID, Spanish Immersion and College in the Schools through the University of Minnesota. Learn more about 12x12 and hear how students describe how they are achieving 12x12 in this session.
Career and College Pathways
4:30 p.m., 5 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. in the Pathways Flex Space
Learn about our three Career and College Pathways: Business and Entrepreneurship; Health and Human Services; and Technology, Engineering and Design. These Pathways were developed to ensure our students have the skills, qualifications and opportunities to succeed after they graduate from high school. Hear from students currently enrolled in Pathways courses and how Pathways courses are different than traditional courses in this session.
- 4:30 p.m., 5 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. in Kenneth Hall
- Our students are very involved with clubs, activities and athletics, with over 80 percent of students participating in at least one athletic or co-curricular activity. Learn more about how to get involved at SLPHS in this session.
- 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. in the Great Hall (second floor, C building)
- Students who have been involved in the Spring Lake Park Schools Spanish Immersion and Juntos programming are welcomed to SLPHS with rigorous and engaging courses instructed in the target language of Spanish. Learn more about the courses offered and Spanish Immersion programming in this session.
- Last names begins with A-L: B208 pod
- Last names begins with M-Z: B200 pod
- Stop by anytime between 4:30-7 p.m. to talk with deans and teachers, think about a four-year high school plan, and register for the 2019-2020 school year
- Stop by anytime to visit booths for athletics, activities and student clubs at SLPHS and learn how to register and get involved
CANCELLED - Wednesday, February 20, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Due to the continued heavy snow, the Explore SLPHS Information Night Event, scheduled for Wednesday, February 20, has been cancelled.
Please watch your email about upcoming opportunities to learn more about SLPHS, including course offerings, program options, athletic and activity opportunities and graduation requirements.
Learn more about what Spring Lake Park High School offers at these information nights and find more information below.
- Innovative and personalized learning to best the needs of each student
- Career and College Pathways that allow students to work with real companies on real projects while pursuing their passions
- AVID, or Advancement Via Individual Determination, helps prepare students for postsecondary opportunities
- Our college readiness initiative, known as 12x12, encourages each student to earn 12 college credits by the end of 12th grade, to be college and career ready before graduating from high school
- A broad visual and performing arts program
- A national awarding-winning program in emergency health care program
The facilities at Spring Lake Park High School are continuously evolving. Tour SLPHS and learn about:
- Career and College Pathways Classrooms: as part of the effort to expand Career and College Pathways opportunities for high school students, several Career and College classrooms at SLPHS were renovated during summer 2018 to better fit current and future course offerings.
- Flexible Learning Spaces: located throughout the building, these spaces feature flexible furniture that allow students to work independently during the school day to personalize their learning
- Fine Arts Center: K-12 students in the district perform band, choral and theatrical productions in the FAC
- Remodeled “C” Building: completed in September 2018, more classrooms and the media center space were renovated to be more flexible learning spaces. New furnishings were also added to the spaces.
- Science Addition: completed in August 2017, this new space is changing the way students learn by increasing engagement through hands-on opportunities
If you have any questions about the information night, registration or Spring Lake Park High School, don't hesitate to call us at 763-600-5100.