Enroll in SLP Schools
Learn how to enroll in our schools and programs by clicking on them below.
Students who live in Spring Lake Park Schools are assigned to a neighborhood K-4 school that serves their home address. However, the school district also offers families a number of other enrollment and specialty school options. If you don't know which school is assigned to your address, visit our online school finder.
- Kindergarten Enrollment
- Resident Grades 1-12 Enrollment
- Non-Resident Grades 1-12 Enrollment
- Intra-District Transfer
- Early Entrance Enrollment
There are two easy steps to enroll for kindergarten in Spring Lake Park Schools.
1. Go online from home
- Click here to start the online enrollment process. The registration system cannot be accessed using a cell phone. If you have limited Internet access or need other assistance, staff at the District Services Center will be able to help you.
- To complete your enrollment, you will need to bring the three required documents to the District Services Center prior to Thursday, February 28 (see list below).
Priority Placement Deadline: Enroll your kindergartener by Thursday, February 28, 2019. While we accept enrollments throughout the year, we do expect spots to fill quickly in our Spanish Immersion program and those available to open-enrolled students and intra-district transfer students. A lottery drawing may be utilized for these limited spots.
2. Come to the District Services Center
Staff will assist you in completing the enrollment forms. Please bring the following three required documents with you:
- Child’s original birth certificate
- Proof of address (examples include; driver’s license, utility bill, rental or purchase agreement) - original only
- Immunization records
Copies will be made of each document and the original given back to you. Enrollment will not be complete until the DSC has copies of the above documents.
The District Services Center (DSC) is located at 1415 81st Avenue NE, Spring Lake Park and is open Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Questions? Want more information? Call the school district at 763-600-5018.
Register and complete Early Childhood Screening if you haven’t done so already. (Screening is required by law.) Click here to learn more about screening.
At your child’s 5-year-old checkup with their doctor, ensure that immunizations are up-to-date. (Immunizations are required by law and no student will be able to start on the first day without having these completed.)
Expect to hear from us in March with information from your student's school. Students who applied for Woodcrest Spanish Immersion or open enrollment will receive an update on their placement.
Click here to complete online registration
Online enrollment is not recommended for mobile devices. If you have limited Internet access or need other assistance, staff at the District Services Center (1415 81st Avenue NE, Spring Lake Park) will be able to help you.
If you are not a resident of our Blaine-Spring Lake Park-Fridley community, we welcome your interest in our exceptional schools. Acceptance may be limited in some cases to grades and schools where additional enrollment would exceed established guidelines.
- Click here to complete online registration
- Click here to complete the Statewide Enrollment Options Form
- Fax the Statewide Enrollment Options Form to Carla Hasbrouck via fax (763-600-5582), email (email@example.com) or mail (1415 81st Avenue NE, Spring Lake Park, MN 55432)
Please note, you will need to have the following information available when you register:
- Immunization Records and a list of any health issues
- Name and address of school student is transferring from
- Emergency contact information
- Kindergarten Only: Certified birth certificate for verification (Not a copy)
- Special Education Only: Copy of your Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
What you can expect after submitting an application for enrollment and all necessary paperwork
In most instances, you will be notified of your status within one week. Upon approval you will receive a call from the Middle School student services office to setup an appointment for scheduling. At that time a start date will be given.
Within 24 hours of receiving your paperwork from the District Services Center the High School will call you to verify they have received your information. The following will then occur:
- Administration will contact the existing/previous school to verify and gather information regarding enrolling student applicant.
- Once this information is received from the existing/previous school, you will be notified of the status of the registration by the high school team. This process can take up to 2 weeks.
- Upon approval, the student services office will request records from the existing/previous school.
- Once all records are received, you will be contacted to set up a scheduling appointment and given a start date.
If you have any questions, we encourage you to contact our enrollment office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-600-5018.
All applications are thoroughly reviewed and decisions are communicated to families as soon as possible.
Resident students of Spring Lake Park Schools may apply to attend a school that is outside their elementary school's attendance boundaries, yet still within the school district through what is called an Intra-District Transfer.
- Click here to download the K-4 Intra-District Transfer Application
- Return the completed Intra-District Transfer Application to Carla Hasbrouck via fax (763-600-5582), email (email@example.com) or mail (1415 81st Avenue NE, Spring Lake Park, MN 55432)
Please note, Intra-District Transfers are approved on a space-available basis. If the Intra-District Transfer is approved, district transportation is not provided. Once a transfer is approved, if you would like to return to your boundary school, a new transfer request must be submitted.
Applications are accepted year-round, however the priority consideration application deadline for fall 2018 enrollment was February 9, 2018. Forms received after February 9 will be reviewed in the order they're received and families will be notified after the first round of placements and as space is available at sites.
By ruling of the School Board, children are eligible to enroll in kindergarten if they are five years old on or before September 1 for the upcoming school year.
Parents of children with birthdays between September 2-November 1 may apply for Early Entrance to Kindergarten.
- Spanish Immersion
- Lighthouse School for gifted and insatiable learners
- SLP Online
- Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO)
- Early Childhood and Preschool
Families with kindergarten students who are interested in enrolling at Woodcrest Spanish Immersion should register for kindergarten in the district prior to February 28. Enrollment into Woodcrest Spanish Immersion is determined by a lottery if there are more applicants than spots available. Completing the registration for kindergarten by February 28 will guarantee your child placement in the lottery. Results of the lottery are communicated to families by mid-March.
The Lighthouse School application process provides an opportunity for the families to get acquainted with Lighthouse and for staff to get to know the candidate.
Due to the unique environment of Lighthouse School, the application process helps to ensure the setting is an appropriate match to the student's educational needs. If you live within the district, please contact the Gifted Services specialist at your school to see if Lighthouse would be a good fit for your student.
Students can enroll in the SLP Online Learning program full time (comprehensive). Please note that if you are interested in enrolling full time, you cannot be enrolled in any other Minnesota public school. You must first withdraw from your current school prior to enrolling in SLP Online.
Students attending other school districts in Minnesota can stay enrolled at their home district and enroll part time in SLP Online (supplemental). If you are interested in Supplemental enrollment, print and complete the following enrollment paperwork.
Send your enrollment papers to:
Spring Lake Park Online Learning
1100 81st Avenue NE
Spring Lake Park, MN 55432
For more information, contact: Steve Brady, 763-600-5100, firstname.lastname@example.org
Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) is a program that allows students in grades 10-12 to earn both high school and college credit while still in high school, through enrollment in and successful completion of college-level, nonsectarian courses at eligible participating postsecondary institutions. Most PSEO courses are offered on the campus of the postsecondary institution; some courses are offered online. Each participating college or university sets its own requirements for enrollment into the PSEO courses.
Interested and eligible students should contact the postsecondary institution to find out their eligibility requirements, which courses are offered and what the application process is at that institution.
To assist the district in planning, students are required to inform their district of their intent to enroll in PSEO courses during the following school year by May 30. Students should seek guidance from their high school counselor to determine if PSEO is the right fit for them and their academic plan. Interested students must complete the Postsecondary Enrollment Options Program Registration Form.
Questions? Contact your Dean or Associate Principal Steve Brady at email@example.com.
Spring Lake Park Schools offers classes, events and programs that are designed to give parents with children ages birth-kindergarten information, ideas and skills to support their child’s rapid growth and development from birth to kindergarten.