Graduation night essentials:
- Where: Mariucci Arena - University of Minnesota Campus - 1901 4th Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
- When: Friday, June 11, 2021
- Student Arrival Time: 6:15 p.m. Students should enter Mariucci Arena through the Loading Dock Entrance, 1912 5th St SE, Minneapolis, 55455.
- Guest Arrival Time: 6:30 p.m. Guests should enter through the main doors.
- Graduation Start Time: 7 p.m.
- End Time: 8 p.m. (approximate)
- Parking: Guests are encouraged to park in Lot 37 (North of 3M Arena at Mariucci) and the Maroon Lot (East of 3M Arena at Mariucci). The cost to park is $1/hour and a flat rate of $5/day.
Watch the Class of 2021 Graduation Ceremony Live Online:
We will be live streaming the Class of 2021 Graduation Ceremony on our District YouTube channel on Friday. The video will go live at 7 p.m. when the ceremony officially begins. Invite friends and families from near and far to access the live stream event. The video also will be archived on our YouTube channel for later viewing.
Graduation Rehearsal, Final Senior Meeting and iPad turn in – Thursday, June 10:
Tomorrow, Thursday, June 10, seniors will have their last senior meeting and participate in a graduation rehearsal at the high school. Additionally, they will turn in their school-issued iPad, case, and official Apple charger. It is required that all seniors participating in the graduation ceremony attend this rehearsal.
- 8:45 a.m. - Senior Meeting in the Fine Arts Center
- 9:15 a.m. – Turn in iPads along with any school curriculum in the Auxiliary Gym
- 9:45 a.m. - Senior Rehearsal in the Panther Gym
Commencement expectations and behaviors:
Spring Lake Park High School Commencement is a dignified event designed to honor our graduates. We ask everyone involved to help ensure this is a positive, memorable event. We have specific guidelines around expectations and behaviors for the graduating class that we will walk through at the senior meeting. They also can be found at SpringLakeParkSchools.org/Graduation
Commencement at Mariucci Arena:
We will abide by the Mariucci Arena protocols for the upcoming commencement ceremony.
- U of M Health and Safety protocols: We will follow U of M health and safety protocols for commencement. Face masks are optional for anyone fully vaccinated (two weeks after last shot). Masks are expected to be worn by those who are not fully vaccinated.
- Parking and Costs: Guests are encouraged to park in Lot 37 (North of 3M Arena at Mariucci) and the Maroon Lot (East of 3M Arena at Mariucci). The cost to park is $1/hour and a flat rate of $5/day. Find a map of the recommended parking and directions at SpringLakeParkSchools.org/Graduation. If your student needs a ride to graduation, please contact the high school main office.
- Time and place for entry: Graduates should arrive in Mariucci Arena by 6:15 p.m., loading Dock Entrance, 1912 5th St SE, Minneapolis, 55455. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. for guests. Families and guests should enter through the main arena doors. Please check the Bag Policy for items allowed in the arena. Accessible entry can be found via the east and southwest power assisted entrances. Mariucci Arena ushers will be available for those needing special assistance getting to their seat.
- Miscellaneous things to know:
- Commencement programs will be available on tables on the concourse. Guests will be able to help themselves to a program.
- A photographer will be in the arena to capture moments of the Class of 2021 and we will share an online album with families the week after the event. Professional photos will not be taken as graduates cross stage. Make sure to sign up for a time during the June 10-11 photo opportunity at the high school where a professional photographer will be available to take an individual photo for you to purchase at a later time should you choose to do so. See below.
- Concessions will not be available at 3M Arena at Mariucci.
- Balloons are not allowed in the arena.
Photo opportunity at Spring Lake Park High School – June 10 and 11
We invite our graduates and their families to come to the high school to take graduation photos on Thursday, June 10 from 4-8 p.m. and Friday, June 11 from 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- To help us manage traffic, please schedule a timeslot for Thursday, June 10 or Friday, June 11 during a time that works best for your family.
- Students and families are asked to park in the student parking lot and enter through the pool/athletic doors (Door #6). You will then have the opportunity to take photos in front of an SLP banner logo wall before you make your way out of Door #9 to the Panther Stadium field where the photographer will be stationed.
- On the Panther Stadium field, a professional photographer will take one photo for you to purchase at a later time should you choose to do so. This photo can be of the graduate alone or with family. This photo will be shared with you via email with a link where you have the opportunity to purchase the high-resolution image.
- There is no limit to how many people each graduate can bring to this event, but we strongly encourage it be family only.
- Seniors are asked to wear their cap and gown during this event.
- Check out this Graduation Photo Opportunity flyer for details.
Cap and Gown/cords and tassels are still available for pick up and purchase
If you haven’t done so already, seniors are still able to pick up and/or purchase their cap and gown and any additional honor cords or tassels you may be eligible for in the main office.
Senior All Night Party:
The SLP 2021 Senior All-Night Party (SANP) will be at Bowlero immediately following the graduation ceremony on June 11, 2021 from 10 p.m.- 5 a.m. Students are locked-in for the night. The cost is now $100 after May 14. See full information and sign up QR code…