Last Chance Senior Head Shot Day TOMORROW October 24, 2018, during 4th period lunch From 11:30-1:00pm) and academic times. ***IMPORTANT NOTE: If you photo is NOT done by David Banks on this day, you will NOT be in the year book!
This is the absolute last day to have a professional head shot taken by David Bank Studios.
This sitting is FREE!! Again, David Bank Studios is our official senior yearbook photographer and we are under contract to work with them.
Full page and electronic announcements: ALL NEW
Read past Student Announcements here
FCCLA members who want to help with the chalk drawing should meet in the foods room today after school.
FCCLA members attending the fall meeting on Thursday, should meet at the pool doors by 7:45 a.m. Thursday morning. The bus is leaving at 7:50 a.m.!
FCCLA Meeting -Thursday at 3:05 p.m. in the Foods Room.
This week FCCLA is promoting their Stop the Violence program by having a week of respect with the theme” The “Paw”er of Respect. Hidden around the school building are five panther paws on tag board
(5 ½ inches wide and 5 inches long) with the FCCLA logo stamped in the middle.
Follow the clues to find the paws.
When you find the paw (s) bring it to Miss Henry in the Culinary Arts Room B108 for a prize:
Hidden in the high school are 5 panther paws to find, Look High and low, far and wide, and don’t forget behind!
Here are the clues:
- One of the paws is hidden where most enjoy their meal, find this paw and it will be a good deal.
- Another paw is hidden on the second floor in building C, I wonder if near foreign languages it could be?
- A paw is hidden in plain view, in building A, find this paw and you will have a great day!
- A paw is hidden where chemicals might be, Hmm, this might be, an obvious key!
- A paw is hidden in a new flex space, be the first to find it and you will win the race!
Job Opportunities: The Student Services office post many businesses looking for help and assistance. Check it out! If you are looking for some seasonal job opportunities check out the Schoology Group Code for SLP Job Board M4QNW-D9GQX.
Student Parking Permits
Must purchase online only.
All students parking at the school must have parking permit.
Food Service Information and menus are available here
- Jen Schulties Nutrition Services Manager at Spring Lake Park High School
- Office: 763-600-5105
- Follow us on Twitter @slphscafeteria
No Leaving or Ordering Food from Outside the school:
- We have had an increase of students leaving the building during the school day. We want to reinforce that we have a CLOSED CAMPUS, which means students are not allowed to leave during the day without parent/guardian permission. It is a safety and liability issue for students to leave campus during the school day (including lunch).
- Additionally, we want to reinforce that students CAN NOT have food delivered to the school.
- Any food that is delivered for students will be held in the office until the end of the school day.
Order your official Transcript- To order your “official transcript” please click here to register to request.
Baseball meeting: There will be a short baseball meeting for grades 9-12 on Monday October
29 3:05 p.m. in the stadium suite.
Anyone planning to try-out for baseball in the spring of 2019 should attend this meeting.
Spring Lake Park football will play here on Saturday afternoon at 2p.m.
Congratulations receiving the #2 seed in Section 5AAAAA with that comes a 1st round bye and Suburban District Gold Sub-District Tri-Champions! New season begins today boys!
Panthers 32 Forest Lake 7.
REGISTER ONLINE - Register online here
- Spring Lake Park High School www.springlakeparkschools.org
- Northwest Suburban Conference www.nwsconference.org
- Minnesota State High School League www.mshsl.org
- SLP Athletic Twitter Account @SLPPantherAth
Fall Play - ALMOST MAINE - Directed by: Kevin Dutcher
Welcome to Almost, Maine, a place that’s so far north, it’s almost not in the United States. It’s almost in Canada. And it’s not quite a town, because its residents never got around to getting organized. So, it almost doesn’t exist. One cold, clear, winter night, as the northern lights hover in the star-filled sky above, the residents of Almost, Maine, find themselves falling in and out of love in unexpected and hilarious ways. Knees are bruised. Hearts are broken. But the bruises heal, and the hearts mend—almost—in this delightful midwinter night’s dream.
Friday, October 26, 7 p.m.
Sunday, October 28, 2 p.m.* Matinée performances - all seats $5
Saturday, November 3, 7 p.m.
Sunday, November 4, 2 p.m.* Matinée performances - all seats $5
All performances take place in the Spring Lake Park High School Fine Arts Center at 1100 81st Ave NE, Spring Lake Park. Tickets will be available online or at the door, for a dollar more a ticket.
Online ticket prices Note: online ticket sales will close one hour prior to showtime.
Adult $12 Senior $8 Student $5
Mentee/Mentor FALL PLAY PREVIEW EVENT Thursday
Who: All freshmen with Panther Mentors
What: Come eat FREE pizza and then see the Fall Play "Almost Maine"
When: Thursday, Oct. 25th @ 6:30-9:00 pm
Where: Fine Arts Center (pizza in the Rotunda)
Why: connect with friends and mentors and watch your talented classmates perform in "Almost Maine" before everyone else!!
How: FREE! (no excuses)
Knowledge Bowl Meeting - If you are interested in possibly joining knowledge bowl, please come to an informational meeting.
When: November 2nd, 2018. 3:00-3:15
Where: Upstairs Multipurpose room
Who: Anyone interested in joining Knowledge Bowl.
- Monday 12/10 Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band Winter Concert, 6:00 call time 7:00pm/FAC
- Tuesday 12/11 Symphonic Band and WWMS 7th Grade Combined Concert, 6:00 call time 7:00pm/FAC
- Wednesday 12/12 Varsity Band Winter Concert, 6:00 call time 7:00pm/FAC
Choir Concert - Monday, Oct. 29 at 7:00 p.m. in the FAC at the HS.
Jazz Concert - Monday Nov. 5 SLPHS Jazz One and Jazz Two, 6:00 call time 7:00 p.m. in the FAC
Online Early Bird Sales End Friday October 26, 2018, for credit card purchases on line.
Base online price is $75 and will go up in $5 increments throughout the year until the actual price of $90. Purchase your yearbook here.
Yearbook Fundraising Opportunities - If you are looking for help to pay for a yearbook, we have a payment option available. Working at the concession stand on some weekends over the winter months may also be an option to work towards a yearbook.
For more information stop and see Ms. Johnson in room B139 before or after school.
Senior Class 2019 Information
Attention Class of 2019!!
We cannot stress enough that communications between the yearbook staff and seniors are vital during this final year of their high school career.
Attendance in advisory and reading daily announcements will help you keep on top of due dates and special activities or events throughout the school year.
Information was mailed out in May of 2018 concerning your senior head shots for the yearbook.
Senior Quotes must be completed by November 1, 2018. Once the school year begins, online links will be provided.
Driver's Education: Next Class is October 29-November 13
Safeway’s only focus is creating safe, responsible teen drivers. Classroom and behind-the-wheel lessons emphasize defensive driving techniques tailored for the inexperienced teen driver while targeting to influence the invincible teen attitude.
- Who: Students who are at least 14 1/2 years old by the time of the class
- When: Classes are held four days a week in several sessions throughout the year
- Where: Spring Lake Park High School
- Cost: $360
- Register: Complete registration and pay online. Once registration is accepted and completed, there is a non-refundable $30 administration fee. No refunds will be issued after the first class; non-attendance is a forfeiture of the entire fee paid.
- You can register here
Questions: For questions about our driver’s education or registration please call 763-600-5050
College and Military Visits
Upcoming visits from universities and colleges
Be sure to get a pass from the Student Services Department the day of the visit. Visits are only for 11th and 12th grade students. Students must sign up the day before the visit..
Universities and Colleges
Army: 11:30 a.m. - 3rd Wednesday of every month
Marines: 11:30 a.m. -1p.m. - 4th Friday of every month
Minnesota Army National Guard: 11:30 a.m.-1p.m. Tuesdays
2018 Clubs and Activities
- Bowling Club Mon 4:00-5:30pm & Matches 2:30 on Thursdays Bowlero $50-register online Community Ed
- Latino Club Mon 3-4pm room B106
- Math Club Mon 3:05-4:15pm Room C-126 $75 online registration Sept.-March
- World Cultures Mondays 3:00pm room C206
- Women for Change Mondays 3:00-4:15pm Room B130
- Art Club Tuesday 3:00-3:45pm room B106
- Black Student Union Tuesday 3:00-4:00pm room B208-B
- Competitive Game
- Debate Team Tues, before or after school Room C212 $75 -online registration MSHSL Activity
- GSA Gender/Sexuality Alliance Tuesdays Room number C209
- Knowledge Bowl Tues & Fri. 3:00pm Upstairs Multipurpose Rm/Stad. Suite $50 online reg.
- Science Olympiad Tues 3:00-5:00pm room B124 $75 online registration
- Spark Group Tuesdays 7:30am room B138 (OEC room)
- Speech Club Tuesday through Friday 3:00-4:30pm SLPHS Media Flex area, $75 MSHSL Activity
- Yearbook Staff (Oasis) Tues and Thurs 3:00-4:00pm room B140 also computer lab room B109
- Middle East Club Tuesdays 3:05pm room B208-D
- Panther Mentors Every other Tuesday during SLP TIME - Fine Arts Center
- Debate Team Wed, before or after school Room C212, $75 -online registration MSHSL Activity
- Leo Club Wednesdays 3:00-4:00 p.m. Cafeteria
- DECA Thursdays during Flex time room A116. $25- online registration
- Debate Team Thurs. before or after school Room C212. $75 -online registration MSHSL Activity
- FCCLA 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month 3:05pm room B108. $25 online payment
- Latino Club Thurs. 3-4pm room B106 October 11, 25 day of the dead party November 1
- Math Club Thurs 3:05-4:15pm Room C-126. $75 online registration Sept.-March
- Science Olympiad Room B124. $75 online registration
- Yearbook Staff (Oasis) Thurs 3:00-4:00pm room B140 also computer lab room B109
- Prom Committee Fridays in room B208-D January-May
- Student Council Fridays 7:30am room B200-B
- SLP-FCA Fellowship of Christian Athletes Sunday nights 6:30-7:45pm Off-Campus Meetings. Not just for athletes- all welcome
- OEC/HOSA Rooms B137 and B138 (Medical Missions Summer Trip-starts meeting in Jan) Fee for Trip varies,Various Days and Times
- One Act Play-Theater Dec-Feb MSHSL Activity for actors and tech. Fine Arts Center $50 online registration
- Tech Crew Fine Arts Center-every day during each play $30 online reg. fall/winter each.
- Theater (Fall /Spring) $50 online registration Fine Arts Center. Every day during season
- Weight Training: Monday -Thursday Fall Wt. Room
$25 per trimester register online add overspeed treadmill for $25 per trimester - optional Weight Room- after school Winter & Spring every day M-F