Spring Lake Park High School publishes daily student announcements during the school year.
Announcements will also be sent via email to families on Wednesdays. If you are not receiving these emails, please review your contact information in Campus Parent Portal. If you still do not receive newsletter emails, please contact the High School at 763-600-5100.
Graduation night essentials:
- Where: Mariucci Arena - University of Minnesota Campus - 1901 4th Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
- When: Friday, June 11, 2021
- Student Arrival Time: 6:15 p.m. Students should enter Mariucci Arena through the Loading Dock Entrance, 1912 5th St SE, Minneapolis, 55455.
- Guest Arrival Time: 6:30 p.m. Guests should enter through the main doors.
- Graduation Start Time: 7 p.m.
- End Time: 8 p.m. (approximate)
- Parking: Guests are encouraged to park in Lot 37 (North of 3M Arena at Mariucci) and the Maroon Lot (East of 3M Arena at Mariucci). The cost to park is $1/hour and a flat rate of $5/day.
Watch the Class of 2021 Graduation Ceremony Live Online:
We will be live streaming the Class of 2021 Graduation Ceremony on our District YouTube channel on Friday. The video will go live at 7 p.m. when the ceremony officially begins. Invite friends and families from near and far to access the live stream event. The video also will be archived on our YouTube channel for later viewing.
Graduation Rehearsal, Final Senior Meeting and iPad turn in – Thursday, June 10:
Tomorrow, Thursday, June 10, seniors will have their last senior meeting and participate in a graduation rehearsal at the high school. Additionally, they will turn in their school-issued iPad, case, and official Apple charger. It is required that all seniors participating in the graduation ceremony attend this rehearsal.
- 8:45 a.m. - Senior Meeting in the Fine Arts Center
- 9:15 a.m. – Turn in iPads along with any school curriculum in the Auxiliary Gym
- 9:45 a.m. - Senior Rehearsal in the Panther Gym
Commencement expectations and behaviors:
Spring Lake Park High School Commencement is a dignified event designed to honor our graduates. We ask everyone involved to help ensure this is a positive, memorable event. We have specific guidelines around expectations and behaviors for the graduating class that we will walk through at the senior meeting. They also can be found at SpringLakeParkSchools.org/Graduation
Commencement at Mariucci Arena:
We will abide by the Mariucci Arena protocols for the upcoming commencement ceremony.
- U of M Health and Safety protocols: We will follow U of M health and safety protocols for commencement. Face masks are optional for anyone fully vaccinated (two weeks after last shot). Masks are expected to be worn by those who are not fully vaccinated.
- Parking and Costs: Guests are encouraged to park in Lot 37 (North of 3M Arena at Mariucci) and the Maroon Lot (East of 3M Arena at Mariucci). The cost to park is $1/hour and a flat rate of $5/day. Find a map of the recommended parking and directions at SpringLakeParkSchools.org/Graduation. If your student needs a ride to graduation, please contact the high school main office.
- Time and place for entry: Graduates should arrive in Mariucci Arena by 6:15 p.m., loading Dock Entrance, 1912 5th St SE, Minneapolis, 55455. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. for guests. Families and guests should enter through the main arena doors. Please check the Bag Policy for items allowed in the arena. Accessible entry can be found via the east and southwest power assisted entrances. Mariucci Arena ushers will be available for those needing special assistance getting to their seat.
- Miscellaneous things to know:
- Commencement programs will be available on tables on the concourse. Guests will be able to help themselves to a program.
- A photographer will be in the arena to capture moments of the Class of 2021 and we will share an online album with families the week after the event. Professional photos will not be taken as graduates cross stage. Make sure to sign up for a time during the June 10-11 photo opportunity at the high school where a professional photographer will be available to take an individual photo for you to purchase at a later time should you choose to do so. See below.
- Concessions will not be available at 3M Arena at Mariucci.
- Balloons are not allowed in the arena.
Photo opportunity at Spring Lake Park High School – June 10 and 11
We invite our graduates and their families to come to the high school to take graduation photos on Thursday, June 10 from 4-8 p.m. and Friday, June 11 from 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- To help us manage traffic, please schedule a timeslot for Thursday, June 10 or Friday, June 11 during a time that works best for your family.
- Students and families are asked to park in the student parking lot and enter through the pool/athletic doors (Door #6). You will then have the opportunity to take photos in front of an SLP banner logo wall before you make your way out of Door #9 to the Panther Stadium field where the photographer will be stationed.
- On the Panther Stadium field, a professional photographer will take one photo for you to purchase at a later time should you choose to do so. This photo can be of the graduate alone or with family. This photo will be shared with you via email with a link where you have the opportunity to purchase the high-resolution image.
- There is no limit to how many people each graduate can bring to this event, but we strongly encourage it be family only.
- Seniors are asked to wear their cap and gown during this event.
- Check out this Graduation Photo Opportunity flyer for details.
Cap and Gown/cords and tassels are still available for pick up and purchase
If you haven’t done so already, seniors are still able to pick up and/or purchase their cap and gown and any additional honor cords or tassels you may be eligible for in the main office.
Senior All Night Party:
The SLP 2021 Senior All-Night Party (SANP) will be at Bowlero immediately following the graduation ceremony on June 11, 2021 from 10 p.m.- 5 a.m. Students are locked-in for the night. The cost is now $100 after May 14. See full information and sign up QR code…
Be sure to get a pass from the Student Services Department on the day of the visit. Visits are only for 11th and 12th-grade students. Students must sign up the day before the visit.
College and Military Rep Visits: Sign-up in Naviance if you wish to speak to a rep
Stay tuned for upcoming events
Complete senior survey to receive a final transcript
Counselors cannot send your student's final transcript to their college unless they have completed the senior survey! Regardless of the college of choice, we need to know where to send the final transcript! Seniors can complete the senior survey in Naviance now until the final day of school. Transcripts are typically sent to colleges the week of June 21.
High School Student Job Board
Did you know that Spring Lake Park High School offers our high school students an opportunity to learn of current openings for their age on our Counseling Office Job board? This board is NOT virtual so stop by and take a check out the posted open Jobs in our community!
Counselor Assignments for SLPHS Student Groups
|Troy Willemssen email@example.com||Teams 9A and 10A|
|Teams 9B and 10B|
|Lindsey Redmann firstname.lastname@example.org||Teams 9C and 10C|
|11th and 12th graders with last names A-He|
|11th and 12th graders with last names Hi-Pa|
|11th and 12th graders with last names Pe-Z|
|Counselor for College and Career Planning|
|Dean of Students|
- Thursday, June 10 - Last day of school, senior rehearsal
- Friday, June 11 - Graduation, 7 p.m., Mariucci Arena (University of Minnesota – Twin Cities)
Mark your calendars for TCO's free sport physical event registration date
This summer, Twin Cities Orthopedics is once again offering FREE high school sports physicals at eight different locations. As a partner school, we’re able to give our parents and athletes advanced notice, so you’ll be ready to sign up when registration opens on June 21. https://tcomn.com/SportsPhysicals/
Remember, high school sports physicals are required, and athletes in 7th – 12th grade need one every three years.
NWSC Sports Schedule and events
Be sure to check the schedule often as there can be numerous changes of dates, times or locations.
Latest Athletic Scores
Congratulations to the SLP Trap and Skeet Team with top scores at Conference!
Overall the team placed first for both Trap and Skeet, and fifth for 5-Stand.
Several team members were also awarded individual conference awards.
Conference Top 25 for Trap: Makena Fredrickson, Cohen Janes, Megan Kabus, Kayla Line, Will Ostenson, Zach Rosenthal, Janie Sands, Alex Taylor, Kyle Tiller and Alea Zemlicka.
Conference Top 10 for Skeet: Blake Kruse, Caleb Marlowe, Mason Meyer, Nathan Litke, Janie Sands and Logan Schaaf.
Conference Top 10 for 5-Stand: Will Ostenson and Makena Fredrickson.
All-State Honors also go to Will Ostenson for his performances in Trap and 5-Stand.
End of season awards included Top Guns to Makena Fredrickson, Mason Meyer, Will Ostenson and Janie Sands; Most Improved to Nicholas Mulder; Rookies of the Year to Mason Meyer, Dominic Anderson and Tanner McNamee.
Team is looking forward to State Championships this month, Jun 18-19 for 5-Stand/Trap (Alexandria) and Jun-24 Skeet (Prior Lake). Go SLP!
2020 Oasis Yearbook earns two awards
Shout out to the SLPHS Yearbook staff for earning two awards for the 2020 Oasis Yearbook. It earned the first-place award from the American Scholastic Press Association for the 2020 Oasis Yearbook - "Begin... Again." The second is a Distinguished Honorable Mention in Balfour's national "Yearbook, Yearbook," which honors outstanding books each year through their company.
The 2020 yearbook staff was made up of in-class and club members who were focused on raising the bar and took past feedback from the last two years to improve the quality of the 2020 book. Through challenges both in personal lives and through a pandemic, the group put out the best book they possibly could, and their hard work paid off!
Community Education Department
Spring Lake Park Schools Community Education offers teen driver’s education in cooperation with Safeway Driving School. Safeway Driving School has been graduating teen drivers in the Twin Cities area for over 40 years and their instructors are licensed by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety.
The State of Minnesota requires that driver’s education distance learning be conducted in a face-to-face platform, which requires that students have a video camera and audio capabilities on their devices. Safeway has chosen a secure Zoom platform to conduct the class. Safeway’s only focus is creating safe, responsible teen drivers. Classroom and behind-the-wheel lessons emphasize defensive driving techniques tailored for the inexperienced teen driver while targeting to influence the invincible teen attitude.
Full Course Fee of $370 is broken into three payments:
$220 due at registration time, $150 ($75 on the first lesson and $75 on the second lesson); checks made payable to Safeway Driving School or call Safeway before behind-the-wheel to pay by credit card
The next class sessions are:
- June 14-25
- July 12-21
- August 2-13
PSAT/NMSQT Registration Information
Here is the important information for the registration process:
The cost for the exam is $25.00 per student. Register here.
- Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. - Registration Opens
- Wednesday, July 28, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. - Registration Ends
- Wednesday, October 14, 2021 at 7:30 a.m. - Check in for PSAT/NMSQT test at Emmanuel Christian Center
Last week of School-schedule and end of year information
We will run a 6-period day schedule with SET time each day (Monday, Tuesday, WEDNESDAY, and Thursday) of the last week of school (June 7 – 10). We will NOT have an extended block/finals schedule during the last week of school. Wednesday, June 2 will be the last Wednesday we run the afternoon release schedule (Wed., June 2 will be periods 4-6 in the morning.).
Seniors will attend their classes on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday during the last week of school. Then on Thursday, June 10 at 8:10 a.m., you will gather in the FAC/Panther Gym for a final class meeting, iPad turn in and graduation rehearsal. After the rehearsal, you will be released for the remainder of the day.
IMPORTANT: All students must get everything out of lockers, all lockers.
- physical education
- team lockers IF your sport is completed. Anything left after that time will be discarded.
Any and all books MUST be returned. Anything that is of school property and not turned in, students will receive a bill.
Report cards: We will mail home full year report cards to families the week of June 21.
Material return – for Extended Flexible Learning students: Students learning from home are asked to return any school/class materials or resources they received this year (such as, books, art equipment, other learning materials) to the SLPHS main office on Thursday, June 10 or Friday, June 11, 8 a.m.-3 p.m
iPads – home for summer (unless you are a senior): Students can, once again this summer, keep their school-issued iPads at home. Take good care of them and bring them to school when you return in the fall. Seniors will return their iPad during rehearsal.
SENIORS: Thursday, June 10 at 8:45 a.m. in the FACs/Panther Gym for the final class meeting - Seniors will turn in their iPad (cords and charging block must be turned in to avoid charges),
10th-12th Grade iPad Fees
• Apple iPad –5/6thGeneration -$299
• Logitech Rugged Combo case -$50
• Logitech Rugged Combo 2 keyboard -$50
• Apple 12W USB charger -$19
• Apple USB to Lightning Cable -$19
• Note: No other charging blocks or cables are accepted. If they are the wrong items, you will be billed.
9th Grade iPad Fees
• Apple iPad –8thGeneration -$299
• Logitech Rugged Combo 3 case -$100
• Apple 20W USB-C charger -$19
• Apple USB-C to Lightning Cable -$19
• Note: No other charging blocks or cables are accepted. If they are the wrong items, you will be billed.
Student Mental Health Information: Important Numbers
- Crisis Text Line (TXT4LIFE): Text MN to 741741
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- National Youth Crisis Hotline: 1-800-442-4673
- The Trevor Project: LGBTQ+ 1-866-488-7386 or text START to 678678
- Alexandra House: 763-780-2330
- Local Shelter/Minnesota Domestic Violence Crisis Line: 1-866-223-1111
Please contact Whitney Booth with further questions at email@example.com