Interim Athletics and Activities Director Announced
Matt St. Martin, director of athletics and activities at Spring Lake Park High School, is taking a leave of absence from the position, effective immediately.
We are excited to announce that Will Wackman, a long-time staff member of Spring Lake Park Schools, will serve as interim director of athletics and activities for the remainder of the school year. Will has taught social studies at the high school since 1999, and has also been the associate athletics and activities director for the past five years. In addition, Will has coached at Spring Lake Park High School since 1994, having served as the head boys’ golf coach and an assistant football coach. Wackman will continue to teach social studies part-time through the second trimester before assuming the athletic and activities director role full-time.
In addition, the district has hired Renee Van Gorp to serve as the associate director to support Wackman. Van Gorp is a highly respected leader. She served as the director of athletics and activities at Spring Lake Park High School prior to being offered the opportunity to be the principal at Fridley High School in 2010, where she retired following a successful tenure in July 2016.
We are fortunate to have Wackman assume this role with his long-time connection to the SLPHS community, and to benefit from Van Gorp’s years of leadership in high school athletics and activities.
Class of 2019 Important Information
Cap and Gown orders are due by Thursday, January 31. After January 31, 2019 there will be an additional late fee applied.
Herff Jones Order Form Tips
Order forms were given to students in advisory on Tuesday, December 4 and can also be picked up in the SLPHS main office.
Section 1: Contact Information
- Make sure and fill out all of the information
Section 4: Cap and Gown
- Complete gender, height and weight
- Cap, Gown, and Tassel Unit - this space is empty, fill in $20
- There is no charge for handling or tax, as both of these items are included in the $20
- If you are only ordering the cap, gown and tassel your total should be $20
Orders may be dropped in the SLPHS main office. If you have questions, please contact Maria Norman at 763-600-5102.
Dates and deadlines:
- January 31, 2019 - A $5 late fee will be applied on any orders after February 1, 2019
- February 28, 2019 - An additional $5 (total of $10) late fee will be applied on any orders after March 1, 2019
- April 30, 2019 - An additional $10 late fee and an additional $10 for shipping (total of $20) will be applied after May 1, and the arrival date is not guaranteed.
- May 14, 2019 - Cap and Gown distribution will be during 4th hour (lunch). After May 14, 2019 cap and gowns will be located in the Main Office for pick up.
Click here to order your cap and gown online