Spring Lake Park High School’s spring musical, Anything Goes, is being honored as an Honorable Mention performance by the Hennepin Theater Trust Spotlight Musical Theatre Program. The musical was recognized for overall production, performance and individuals for their exceptional achievement onstage.
- Abbi Tanner as Erma Latour – Outstanding Performance in a Supporting Role
- Anna Hutton as Hope Harcourt – Evaluator Shout-Out
- Cassidy Thompson as Reno Sweeney – Outstanding Performance in a Leading Role
- Ethan Strawn as Lord Evelyn Oakleigh – Evaluator Shout-Out
- Mason Payne as Billy Crocker – Honorable Mention for Performance in a Leading Role
- Stanley Putnam as Moonface Martin – Honorable Mention for Performance in a Leading Role
- Riley Kunz as Props Designer – Outstanding in Technical Leadership
- Overall Production – Honorable Mention
- Student Orchestra – Honorable Mention
- Ensemble Performance – Honorable Mention
- Movement/Dance Performance by an Ensemble – Outstanding
- Overall Technical Team – Honorable Mention
- Vocal Performance by an Ensemble – Honorable Mention
- Costume Crew – Honorable Mention
A Hennepin Theatre Trust evaluator said this production of Anything Goes oozed hard work and dedication.
“This performance felt more like a victory lap and made for such an entertaining night,” the evaluator said. “Everyone in the cast understood their character and had all the tools they needed to succeed. I especially loved the use of the set, the energy of the cast and the communication between all techies. Bravo!”
About the Hennepin Theater Spotlight Program
The Spotlight Musical Theatre Program honors and supports Minnesota high school musical theatre students and programs. Spotlight honors 77 high school musicals and students by formally recognizing the extraordinary achievements and process of developing the young artists, onstage and offstage, in our state’s high school musical theatre programs. The program supports participating programs and artists by providing high-quality learning, performing and creative experiences for students, thereby developing and empowering the next generation of innovative leaders.