Opportunities in Emergency Care (OEC) is an award-winning medical education program that offers extensive opportunities to students interested in serving others in the healthcare field.
We teach EMS (Emergency Medical Services) programs to regional high school students. Students can learn basic First Aid, or become fully prepared for pursuing careers in clinics, hospitals, nursing homes, in-home healthcare, ambulance services, fire departments, etc. through our courses. Students can earn college credits and/or their NREMT (National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician) certification, which enables them to pursue careers in various EMS and healthcare professions. The following opportunities are available through the OEC program:
- Earn state and national certifications.
- Emergency Medical Responder — articulated college credit available.
- Emergency Medical Technician — articulated college credit available.
- Nursing Assistant-Registered — articulated college credit available.
- Tuition savings up to $3,400 or more if you take every course OEC offers.
- Skills and certifications that can lead to employment in clinics, hospitals, ambulances, nursing homes, home healthcare, fire departments, etc.
- Competition opportunities in various EMS and other healthcare events. State EMS Champions, 2013-2018.
- Opportunities to participate as a member of HOSA (Health Occupations Students of America) HOSA International EMT Champions, 2016, 2017, 2019 and placed third and eighth in 2018.
- Each student is held to a high personal and professional standard.
- Hands-on clinical experience through sports and community events, shadowing and ride-alongs.
Based in Spring Lake Park High School, we educate in-district, as well as out-of-district students from many other regional high schools.