About the 2016 Bond
Polling locations for April 26 bond referendum
There are two polling places for the bond referendum election, which may be different than where you would typically vote in a November election:
- District residents who live in Fridley or Spring Lake Park vote at Woodcrest Spanish Immersion, 880 Osborne Road, Fridley
- District residents who live in Blaine vote at Westwood Intermediate School, 711 91st Avenue NE, Blaine
Click here for more voting information.
Residents can register to vote at polling places on Election Day
If you are not yet registered to vote, you can register at your polling place on Election Day, Tuesday, April 26.
There are several options to register at your polling place. You can bring a photo ID with your current name and address as proof of your residency in the district. If your ID is expired or has a previous address on it, you can bring the photo ID and a document – such as a bill, service statement, lease or rental agreement – as proof of residency in the district. Click here to read more details and options on how to register to vote at your polling place.
Spring Lake Park Schools is asking residents to vote on a bond referendum on Tuesday, April 26.
The bond referendum will help the district accomplish the following three priorities:
- Avoid current and projected overcrowding by building a new preK-4 elementary school and adding classroom space at SLPHS;
- Meet the growing interest and demand for preschool and early childhood programming by building early learning classrooms, planned for the District Services Center and the new preK-4 elementary school; and
- Enhance personalized learning through the expansion of K-12 STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) programming, and Career and Technical Education (CTE) at the secondary level, by renovating learning spaces in each of our schools, better preparing students for life and career
Resources and documents related to the 2016 Bond Referendum:
April 25 Bond Update
April 21 - By the Numbers
April 14 Bond Update
April 7 Bond Update
March 31 Bond Update
March 10 Bond Update
March 3 Bond Update
February 25 Bond Update
February 18 Bond Update
February 9 Bond Update