Safe, in-person learning continues this summer and is our priority as we plan for the fall of 2021.
At Spring Lake Park Schools, we returned to safe, full-time, in-person learning during the 2020-2021 school year for grades preK-6 on January 21, 2021 and grades 7-12 on March 23, 2021. We also operated an Extended Flexible Learning (distance learning) model for families who chose it through the end of the school year.
We remain committed to safe learning at school this summer and as we plan for fall 2021. Find a summary of our current health and safety plans and learning models here. We will continue to update our plans based on the latest guidance from Minnesota Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Summer 2021: Updated guidance for summer will be in place Monday, June 14, 2021. Face masks will no longer be required in Spring Lake Park Schools buildings. This includes summer school, camps and clinics, athletics and other summer programming. The one exception is masks continue to be required for Learning Ventures (child care) students and staff until July 1, or until Minnesota hits 70 percent vaccination rate. Minnesota Department of Health continues to recommend masks for unvaccinated people. Physical distancing of three or more feet continues to be recommended. Many other health and safety measures – cleaning protocols, hand hygiene practices and more – will continue to be in place. A summary of health and safety practices can be found below.
- Fall 2021 — prioritizing safe, in-person learning: We currently anticipate resuming school for the 2021-2022 school year safely, in person. SLP Schools Online offers an option for families who choose to learn from home. As the state departments of health and education release guidance for the new school year, we will review our plans and update them accordingly. We will always prioritize plans that maximize in-person learning at school for our students.
Public comment: Input, feedback and questions throughout the year have helped shape our plans and maximize safe, in person learning at school. To share questions or comments about this latest update to our safe in person learning plans, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
COVID-19 vaccination are available for people age 12+. Find the latest information and vaccination locations on the state of Minnesota's COVID-19 Vaccinations site.
- What are the requirements for face masks?
- Will there be a distance learning option for the 2021-2022 school year?
- Is childcare available through Learning Ventures?
- Are visitors allowed in school buildings?
- What are the symptoms that require someone to stay home?
- How is health screening being conducted?
- What happens if a student develops COVID-19 symptoms while at a school-based activity?
- What if someone in my household shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19?
- Will families be notified if someone in their program/class has tested positive?
Each school will post a newsletter on their website under News > Newsletters as well as email it home on most Wednesdays throughout the school year. To ensure you receive these emails, please update student and family contact information in the Campus Parent Portal system. You can make updates at SpringLakeParkSchools.org/ParentPortal.
The SLP Tech Department is here to support students and families.
If you need technology support, email email@example.com. Make sure to include your name, contact information and a brief description of your request. If you are unable to email, call
763-600-5555 and leave a message.
- To translate this information, select the "Translate Website" link at the top right of this webpage.
- Para traducir esta información, seleccione el enlace “Translate Website” en el lado derecho en la parte de arriba de esta pagina