When watching 600 students arrive to and dismiss from Centerview each day you see lots of smiles and energy on the faces of our little people. These two times of day happen in right around 10 minutes each. There is a lot going on! Our number one priority is to see that this is done in an orderly fashion so our students are safe. With the cold weather winter months here, the pace seems to speed up to avoid the cold. Many students are dropped off and picked up each day by parents and family members, which results in longer lines and less up-front parking. Our combined efforts in following the subsequent procedures will ensure that our students and our families are safe each day.
- If you are dropping your child(ren) off or picking them up each day, I encourage you to park in the parking lot and walk your child to or from the front entrance of the school.
- If you have not done so already, please stop in the office to register for a number to identify with your child during pick-up at dismissal. This “new” process has been working well!
- While we do have a crossing guard both before school and after, PLEASE do not drop children off in the parking lot and have them walk up to the school on their own or expect them to enter the parking lot without an adult.
- You may also pull up to the yellow curb, help your child(ren) in or out of the vehicle on the curbside, and pull away safely. Please have them ready to get out once you have pulled up to the yellow curb.
- Students are allowed to enter the building at 9:10 a.m. each morning. Students arriving any earlier will be asked to wait outside or in the corridor area and wait responsibly until the first bell rings at 9:10 a.m. Parents are asked not to drop their child/ren off until the start of school for there will be no supervision until 9 a.m. each morning. Supervision will be present at the front entrance at 3:55 p.m. each day during dismissal.
- As signs indicate, there will be no parking or leaving a car unattended on the yellow curb.
- If you are picking up your child to conclude the day, please call before 3 p.m. and the office staff will have them ready in the office when you arrive.
- Parents are not allowed to take a child off the bus to conclude the day. Please go directly to the office if you would like to have your child taken off the bus at dismissal.
- Ask! If you have questions, please stop in the office and we would be glad to sit down and talk with you regarding the safety and security of your child/ren. To ensure these procedures are followed, supervisory staff at arrival and dismissal will be reminding parents and family members if necessary. If you have any questions or need clarification, please contact me at your convenience. Your efforts and attentiveness are appreciated.