The Panther Foundation’s annual fundraising event is back and better than ever. The Panthers for a Purpose Week of Giving is underway, and the fun culminates in a Panther Party on Saturday, February 26. The annual fundraising event supports Spring Lake Park Schools with a special focus this year on supporting milestone moments.
The Panther Foundation’s annual fundraising event is back. The Panther Party, on Saturday, February 26, will be the culminating event of an entire week of giving and panther pride.
“We’re so happy to be back with an in-person event this year and to be continuing to engage our entire community through a week of giving opportunities and pride-filled fun,” says Colleen Pederson, Panther Foundation Executive Director. “This annual fundraising event provides support for all kinds of activities and programs benefiting the students of Spring Lake Park Schools.”
Each year, the Foundation also focuses on a Fund-A-Dream. This year, the Fund-A-Dream is support for programs and activities at milestone moments.
“There are some specific milestone moments in the life of a Spring Lake Park student,” says Colleen. “The start of Kindergarten, the transition to Westwood for all 5th graders and the beginning of high school. Our dream in these moments is for kids to feel comfortable, confident and that they belong. Through this Fund-A-Dream project, we want to create experiences to help each student succeed at these milestones.”
Support the effort, get involved
The Week of Giving is February 21-26. There are several ways to participate:
- Show your spirit: Dress head to toe in school colors all week. Send in photos (email@example.com) to be entered into a drawing to win a gift card to the Panther Store.
- Tuesday, Feb. 22 – White Out
- Wednesday, Feb. 23 – Red Out
- Thursday, Feb. 24 – Blue Out
- Friday, Feb. 25 – Panther Spirit Day!
- Browse and bid on silent auction items: The auction officially opens Wednesday at 6 p.m. and closes Friday evening at 8 p.m. Browse more than 350 packages featuring trips, artisan pieces, Panther gear, restaurant gift cards, adult libations, unique experiences and MORE! Visit the Panthers for a Purpose Event Website for details and bidding tips.
- Dine-to-Donate: See a schedule of community restaurants who are partnering with the Panther Foundation this week. Dine at one of these locations during the week, mention the Panther Foundation/SLP and a portion of your sales will go to the Panther Foundation!
- Support the Fund-A-Dream Milestone Moments project: By donating directly to this special project, 100 percent of your donation will support this year's Fund-A-Dream, Milestone Moments Project. The project funds important beginnings - Kinder Camp (for incoming K’s), Westwood Welcome (the 4th to 5th grade transition) and Panther Mentors (transition to high school).
- Join the party – Saturday, February 26: The Panther Foundation Party takes place Saturday, February 26, 2022, 7 p.m. at Bunker Hills Event Center in Coon Rapids. The Party will close out the fundraising week featuring an amazing Silent Auction and will feature the band Good for Gary, a Twin Cities favorite. Guests will sing and dance the night away celebrating SLP Schools and our community with appetizers, games and special program moments. Tickets are required to attend.
Find information about all of these activities on the Panthers for a Purpose event page.
Getting in the spirit already!