Be a Substitute
Spring Lake Park Schools is looking for qualified substitute educational assistants and substitute teachers to join our innovative, different-thinking district.
We serve over 5,700 students from Blaine, Fridley and Spring Lake Park and work every day to design engaging learning experiences for each of these students. To learn more about our district click here.
Spring lake Park Public Schools has partnered with Teachers On Call to hire qualified substitute paraprofessionals and substitute teachers. Click here to visit Teachers On Call's website and click on Apply Now to complete an online application for employment. Don’t hesitate to contact TOC directly at 800-713-4439 with questions and for more information. If you are already employed by Teachers On Call or Kelly Educational Services in a surrounding area district, please contact them for access to Spring lake Park Public Schools. You need not reapply.
- Weekly payment
- Direct deposit
- 401K plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Bonus pay
Job Duties for Substitute Teachers
- Implement existing lesson plans in a manner that ensures the integrity of academic time and motivates students to learn and participate
- Instruct students regarding a variety of classroom topics and courses of instruction as determined by a lesson plan
- Follow lesson plans as required by school and Kelly Services policy
- Assign reasonable tasks and homework to students in accordance with the lesson plan
- Address the various learning styles of students accordingly
- Model correct use of spoken and written English language
- Demonstrate professional practices in teaching
- Long-term assignments may be available. With these assignments, it may be required to develop lesson plans; devise, administer and grade tests and assignments; participate in parent-teacher conferences; and attend school related functions. (These activities may occur outside of normal school hours.)
- Maintain classroom control that fosters a safe, positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with Kelly Services, school, state and all applicable laws and regulations
- Ensure adequate supervision of students and the classroom environment to assure health, welfare, and safety of all students
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect equipment, materials and facilities
- Remain in classroom and monitor students at all times
- Report all student injuries, accidents, illnesses and discipline problems to the Kelly Supervisor and school personnel immediately.
- May supervise student in out-of-classroom settings. (eg: assemblies, lunchroom).
Professional Practices and Duties
- Interact in a cooperative and professional manner with students, parents and school personnel
- Maintain student and school personnel confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with all school personnel, parents and Kelly team members
- Comply with Board of Education policies and administrative regulations
- Conduct assigned classes at the scheduled times