As an athletic program at Spring Lake Park, the Girls’ Lacrosse Team offers a competitive team atmosphere which helps students integrate their hard work with the knowledge they acquire and the skills they develop, so they may represent themselves, their team, and Spring Lake Park in an honorable and exemplary way.
Our five simple rules evolve around:
- Appreciate the Moment
As a Spring Lake Park student-athlete and member of the SLP Girls Lacrosse Team. Not only do you represent yourself on and off the field and in or out of school. You’re also representing your coaches, your teammates, your family and your school. As coaches, we expect that you hold yourself and your teammates to a higher expectation of leadership. “It’s the things you do when people are not watching that define your character." Do the right things and be the best daughter, sibling, student-athlete and teammate you would like to see. We have 5 simple rules that go as followed…
- Discipline: Don’t be late to practice be ready to go by the time practice is ready to start. 10 to 15 min early is great
- Passion: Come to practice with a can-do attitude and attention to the game.
- Accountability: Don’t miss practice. If you must miss for whatever reasons please give coaches three days to a week of advanced notice. We understand there are emergency’s and excused absences, if that is the case but you happen to miss the day before a game, you will sit out the first 5 to 10min of the game. If the absence is unexcused, expect to sit out the first half. (One unexcused absence will result in sitting out the first half of a game. Three unexcused absences will result in a meeting with the coaches and suspension of one game. Five or more unexcused absences will result in a meeting with the coaches, three game suspensions and possible ejection of the team.) We hope it does not have to come to this. We want you all to be serious about the game and the overall success of the team.
- Family: Be a positive student-athlete in and out of the classroom and on and off the field.
- Appreciate the Moment: Finally, Appreciate the game, and trust in your coaches. Don’t be scared to approach us coaches with any questions or concerns, we are here and happy to help.