Career and College Pathways
Why take a pathways course?
The Career and College Pathways are designed to give Spring Lake Park High School students an edge, regardless of the path they choose after high school. The goal is to provide opportunities for students to apply learning in different career fields. Students gain real-world experience while also preparing for their personal post-high school journey, whether they choose a career and technical program, associate degree, certification, four-year college degree, or employment.
Each pathway includes the following:
- Collaborative, project-based learning
- Partnerships with local community members and businesses so students can learn from guest instructors, mentors, panelists, field experiences, simulations and projects
- Core and elective credit options
- Options for college credits
- A focus on employability skills
- Experiences that will help students make better decisions about their future, whether they pursue college or career options
- Increased relevance of academic content
- Accessibility and support for all students