The Educational Services department has oversight of all learning and teaching processes across the district. The core purpose of the department is to operate as a true services center to schools by providing high-quality, learner-centric, educational services that equip and support the schools in meeting the district’s vision for the future.
The Educational Services department has oversight of the following areas:
During the 2017-2018 school year, Educational Services staff is working in partnership with school leadership teams to design and implement the following district operational plan projects aligned with strategic anchors and initiatives:
Strategic Initiative: Innovative and Personalized Learning
- Competency-based Learning: Continue to develop and implement the elements of competency-based learning to effectively measure and ensure student learning of ELOs and essential skills and dispositions
- Learner Profiles and Maps: Continue design and implementation of Learner Profiles and Personal Learning Maps to enhance student and family involvement in designing student experiences and goals
- Systemic Innovation by Design: Continue creation of a systemic culture of innovation among all district staff through the implementation of design-thinking processes and tool
Strategic Anchor: Engaged and Enthusiastic Learners
Align work of adults to continuously improve personalized instruction and responsiveness to meet our students’ unique and varied needs.
- Enhanced Student Engagement by Design: Continue to enhance student engagement through design of student work and experiences by utilizing varied instructional practices with an emphasis on blended learning, resulting in a teacher warehouse that provides multiple resources and opportunities for professional dialogue
- Pathways to College and Career Readiness and “12 x 12”: Review, refine, and/or develop pathways in grades 7-12 for 12x12 college and career readiness and exploration
- Inviting Student Learning Environment: Provide professional learning to support implementation of school and staff expectations and practices, leading to culturally proficient learning communities that develop skills and dispositions of powerful learners
- Online and Hybrid Learning: Develop online and hybrid courses to replace GradPoint and align to SLP essential learning outcomes
- K-12 Math Study: Complete K-12 math study, identify K-12 core and targeted math course offerings, instructional practices, and resources, and design implementation for fall 2018
- Accelerating Student Learning: Monitor continued implementation of K-12 academic interventions and focus on design and implementation of EL programming to effectively accelerate the learning and achievement of each learner