Welcome to Kindergarten!
Welcome, 2018-2019 Kindergarten Families!
Spring Lake Park Schools is a vibrant and growing school community currently serving about 5,700 students from the suburbs of Blaine, Fridley and Spring Lake Park. Our district purpose – “High expectations. High achievement for all. No excuses.” – provides our focus to meet the unique and varied needs of each student.
Our vision for the future is to be a world-class learning community aligned around:
- Fostering personalized experiences so that each student feels valued, inspired, and has a sense of belonging,
- Resulting in college readiness, and the development of academic, life and career skills so that each student has aspirations for success.
We progress toward our vision through a combination of innovation and improvement, using creativity and design thinking to develop learning that is personalized and engaging for each student. Examples of our innovation and improvement include:
- College-readiness contiuum that begins in kindergarten: Our personalized teaching practices provide all students access to an enhanced, rigorous curriculum aligned to college-ready standards
- Small class sizes and additional teachers allow students extra time to learn in personalized instructional groups that support student success in meeting the rigorous curriculum standards
- 1:1 Digital Learning Initiative to provide highly-engaging learning
- A 120-minute reading block for all K-5 students, which includes a 60-minute instructional block to provide targeted, personalized instruction for each and every student
- 12x12 project prepares students with 12 college credits before graduation. Partnerships such as with Anoka-Ramsey Community College expand options for students to take college courses at Spring Lake Park High School
- Double-dose courses at the middle and high school provide additional time and personalized instruction to accelerate learning for students who are struggling in language arts and/or math
- A culture that supports thinking differently to ensure the success of each student
- Updated learning spaces that are innovative and flexible
Our highly-trained teachers and staff participate in on-going professional learning opportunities to enhance their skills in addressing the needs of each student. At Spring Lake Park Schools, our work is to help each student to be college ready and provide learning that is engaging and personalized. Your child’s journey in Spring Lake Park School starts now.
Priority Placement Deadline
Enroll your kindergartener by Wednesday, February 28, 2018. While we accept enrollments throughout the year, we do expect spots to fill quickly in our Spanish Immersion program and those available to open-enrolled students. A lottery drawing may be utilized for these limited spots.
Kindergarten Enrollment Resources
2018-2019 kindergarten brochure, handbook and other resources will be shared in early January.
2018-2019 Kindergarten families on our census list will receive a mailed copy of a letter from the superintendent in December and the informational brochure with timelines and instructions on how to enroll for Kindergarten in early January.
Not on our census? Call 763-600-5017.
Enroll in Spring Lake Park Schools Kindergarten
Interested in enrolling your child in kindergarten in Spring Lake Park Schools? Here’s what you need to know to get started:
- Spring Lake Park Schools offers two kindergarten programs that are free, all-day, everyday programs. Read about the district’s kindergarten and Spanish Immersion kindergarten programs here.
- We hosted three Kindergarten Parent Information and Enrollment Sessions in January and February for families who wanted more information about our Kindergarten program. If you missed these and are interested in more information, please contact our enrollment office at 763-600-5018.
- Once you have decided on a program for your child, you will enroll for kindergarten. Online registration will be available Wednesday, January 3, 2018. Online enrollment is not recommended for mobile devices. Computers are available at our District Services Center.
As always, feel free to contact the enrollment office with any questions at 763-600-5018.