Preschool Registration for the 2013-14 school year
A registration brochure with enrollment forms, registration information, and open house will be mailed to 2013-14 eligible preschool families at the beginning of February. Para hablar en Espanol, pregunte por Ericka. View the registration packet online here.
Registration materials for summer 2013 preschool will be included in the registration brochure and you can also view it here.
Early Childhood Screening
Every Family Counts!
Preschool Fast Facts
- Licensed teachers, who have at least a four-year college degree, make learning fun through creative experiences that teach skills in math, science, literacy, social skills and the arts.
- All District 16 Preschool classes use the Houghton-Mifflin Pre-K curriculum. This curriculum is aligned with the district's kindergarten goals.
- Parent involvement is a part of the Preschool program. Research has shown that early childhood programs where parents and children work together are more effective than programs that only focus on the child.
- Maximum class size in all classes - 20 children.
- Two or three days-a-week classes are offered in the morning or afternoon at both Woodcrest and Northpoint. A four-afternoons-a-week class is offered at Woodcrest. Dual Spanish Immersion is offered at Woodcrest for 4 year olds. Learn more at Preschool Class Options.
- Preschool classes are held at both the Early Childhood wing of Woodcrest Elementary School, 880 Osborne Road NE, Fridley, MN 55432 and at Northpoint Elementary School, 2350 124th Court, Blaine, MN 55449. We offer a sliding fee scale based on income and family size for all Preschool classes.
- All Preschool classes provide inclusion for children with special needs.
Children enrolled in 2012-2013 classes must be 3-5 years old, as of September 1, 2012.