|Year-end statements are now available to print online. Once you've signed in click on "Documents" in the upper right.|
2014-15 Preschool Registration I Apply Here
There are still 2014-15 preschool openings available! A brochure with class options, registration directions, and open house information was mailed to 2014-15 eligible preschool families at the beginning of February. You can view it online here as well as browse through the links to the left.
If you are ready to register click here and fill-out the application.
All preschool classes will take place at the Woodcrest Early Childhood Center (880 Osborne Road NE, Fridley). We look forward to meeting and working with you and your families soon!
Early Childhood Screening & Census - Every Family Counts!
Screening is required for entrance to public school kindergarten. Learn more at Early Childhood Screening.
Preschool Fast Facts
- Preschool classes are held at our Early Childhood Center located at Woodcrest Elementary in Fridley
- Licensed teachers, who have at least a four-year college degree, make learning fun through creative experiences that teach skills in math, science, literacy, social skills and the arts.
- All District 16 Preschool classes use the Houghton-Mifflin Pre-K curriculum. This curriculum is aligned with the district's kindergarten goals.
- Parent involvement is a part of the Preschool program. Research has shown that early childhood programs where parents and children work together are more effective than programs that only focus on the child.
- Maximum class size in all classes - 20 children.
- Class options: Two or three days-a-week classes are offered in the morning or afternoon, a four-afternoons-a-week class, dual Spanish Immersion for 4 year olds. Learn more at Preschool Class Options.
- We offer a sliding fee scale based on income and family size for all Preschool classes.
- All Preschool classes provide inclusion for children with special needs.
Children enrolled in classes must be between 3-5 years old, as of September 1