Free Workshop: The Value of a College Education, the Reality of Paying for it
We're preparing students to be college-ready, but do you know how you'll be paying for it once they get there? If planning and preparations start early, college can be more affordable and more attainable for more students.
Whether your child is a toddler or a high school senior there are ways for you to prepare today for college tomorrow. Parents don't need to be able to save and pay for all of a college education. With planning, there are ways you can help increase financial aid eligibility, reduce taxes, and ultimately pay less for college or vocational education.
Put this on your calendar today! We encourage parents of students in any or all grades to consider attending this free college planning and financial aid workshop on Thursday, November 29, 6:30 - 8:00 pm, Spring Lake Park High School's Fine Arts Center. No pre-registration is necessary.
Every year parents of high school students come to the workshop and remark how they wish they'd known this information when their kids were younger. Support your child's dreams of college, and make it attainable and affordable, by being financially ready now.
Experienced financial planner Jim Donnelly will explain in simple language everything you need to know about the costs of college including ways of paying for it and how parents can plan and save.
Other workshop topics will include:
- Need-based and merit-based financial aid
- Three critical issues in college planning: taxes, control, and financial aid
- Scholarships, loans, and grants
- Tax credits, tax-free savings accounts, and other incentives
- How to structure assets and income to maximize eligibility for financial aid
- The four partners in planning: parent, student, school, and government
- Leveraging your recipe: GPA, class rank, ACT score, Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and unique abilities
Questions? Call the Spring Lake Park High School Student Services Office at 763-785-5547.
Para obtener más información, por favor llame a la estudiante de secundaria Oficina de Servicios a 763-785-5547. Si usted desea asistir y necesita un traductor, por favor pregunte por Brooke Magid Hart en el mismo número.