The Spring Lake Park Schools Technology Department is responsible for all of the district technology systems. Our Technology Vision for the future is that technology will align to the district purpose and strategic framework to support student achievement by using the following priorities:
Effective Operations and Stewardship of Resources
- Maintain and enhance a district technology improvement plan to provide effective and efficient technology systems.
- Provide a high level of customer support to District 16 stakeholders by maintaining an effective and efficient technology services department.
- Keep current with new trends in order to help position the district for ongoing improvements.
Student and Learning and Development
- Technology integrated into the K12 curriculum to support and improve student achievement.
- Technology resources expand beyond the walls of the classroom to support student learning.
Attraction and Ongoing Development of High Quality Staff
- Staff using technology to enhance their professional productivity, decision making and effectiveness.
- Maintain skills of district technology services department to support District 16 stakeholders.
- An accessible but safe and secure infrastructure to technology resources.
- Provide a comprehensive understanding of the district policies and procedures regarding the use of technology resources for parents, staff and students.
- Safe schools aided by technology providing a safe school environment.
Family and Community Connections and Partnerships
- Communication between the district, parents and the community aided by technology.
- Promote the strengths of our school district to the community and beyond.
Below are some of the services that Technology Services provides:
|• Computer and Network Systems||• Printing and Copy Services|
|• Software applications||• Telephone Systems|
|• Television/VCR/DVD||• Event setup and scheduling|
|• Fax Machines||• Paging Systems|
|• Projection equipment||• Communications/Radio Systems|
|• Video production services||• Equipment move and relocates|
|• Student Information Systems||• Internet Access and Content Control|
|• Email Systems||• Voice Mail Systems|
|• Power Systems||• Bell Systems|
|• Testing and Assessment||• Programming|
|• Training||• District Web Site|